Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Seasons Collaboration Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by elmann View Post
    Another option would be KDENLIVE. OpenShot was very easy, but instable on my Linux equipment (10yr old laptop, Mint17 "Rosa", 64 bit). Is a little bit more difficult to handle/understand.

May be I try also OpenShot again, but then on Windows 10. If I can get once a time slot for the laptop my wife and I share ;-).
    I'm on Mint 17.3 but 32 bit. I'm using OpenShot 1.x still and it's reasonably stable. It will crash if the video gets complex but it usually restores OK.

I'm thinking of installing Mint 19 64 bit so I can try Open Shot 2 as it's only available as 64 bit. I was also thinking of trying Shotcut which is also only 64 bit. There are quite a few options in Linux these days.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    Do you use Linux?
    When I tried Openshot on windows 10 about 1,5 years ago it didnt work at all. But it might have been fixed.
    No. I got OpenShot for Windows. I've played with it only a little. Didn't seem very intuitive, but maybe that's just me.
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Hey uviking, I tried to facilitate collaboration shyness by having Members put a sticker in their signature area. Some People did do this which was to mean that they were always up for collaborating. I personally never got any response. Don’t know if it worked for others.

and I would need someone to do the part that was originally sung by Kylie Minogue.
    Sorry UV. I looked this up (new to me) and really wanted to do it with you but Im down this week. Maybe next time.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    Sorry UV. I looked this up (new to me) and really wanted to do it with you but Im down this week. Maybe next time.
    There will be other Seasons to collaborate.
    You should look up more of the Murder Ballads album, many great songs.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Was that the one Debby & I did together a while ago?
    Last edited by redpaul1; 10-28-2018 at 05:22 AM.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Quote Originally Posted by redpaul1 View Post
    Was that the one Debbie & I did together a while ago?
    If you did "Where the wild Roses grow". I don't recall it.
    I might have missed that it had been on the seasons, it might have been a week where I didn't participate.
    Or I might have forgotten.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

If you did "Where the wild Roses grow". I don't recall it.
    I might have missed that it had been on the seasons, it might have been a week where I didn't participate.
    Or I might have forgotten.
    Ah. No, my mistake. It was the Nick Cave/PJ Harvey duet, Henry Lee, from the same album that we did, for Season 167.

Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Hey gang, i've been struggling to get my butt going this week. Sometimes being overwhelmed by song choices leaves me unable to pick one and get started. The other thing, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but not having a chart sometimes can be an impediment to me as well. Totally self taught here, and since I started playing uke two years ago, i've become dependent on charts to get the ball rolling.

So, I guess what i'm proposing, is if anyone has a song idea that they have already gotten started on, i'd be happy to contribute vocals, uke and or whatever the song calls for. Feel free to reply here or send me a P.M. or an email: mezcalero 63 at the google mail . . .

Cheers,
    kevin

Hi Seasonistas,

I will awake this abandoned thread to hear if some of you want to cooperate for the Jeff Lynne Theme.

I assume that I am not the only one who considers ELO a bit difficult to play, and leans towards some Travelling Willburys.
    But they are like a group, and it just feels like the songs might sound better with a bit of chorus and alternating singers for the verses :-)

On "End of the Line" four of the Wilburys sings more than chorus, so this would be great for a four-seasonista-cooperation.
    Or several. There is allready one rendition this season, and there will definately be more. But perhaps two or three cooperations rather than ten individual renditions is more fun.
    Of course I fully understand if some people prefer to work alone or with the people they worked with before.

I know that my own attempts at multitracking this far have not been super tight, but hopefully peer review will help that.
    I can put stuff together in Audacity or leave it to someone who has more skills and better software if someone volunteers.

If someone wants to play, write here or PM me, so we can find out what key to play in etc.

If someone wants to start a parallel group, also please go ahead.

Best regards
    "Viking Wilbury"

Thread Information