The Seasons Collaboration Exchange

If someone wants to play, write here or PM me, so we can find out what key to play in etc.

If someone wants to start a parallel group, also please go ahead.

Best regards
"Viking Wilbury"

I'm in! I'll send you a PM

I also just saw this thread. Last month the leader of my group, Cali Rose, asked me if I could spearhead a group collaborative video. I'm a very advanced computer user, also a photographer and have done video work as well. I also participated in an audio collaboration UU member tribute to a uke player killed in the Lafayette movie theater shooting, when I first started playing bass uke over six years ago. It's a more involved process than most people realize. One person has to be in charge of planning and organizing, including being able to edit together all the tracks.

A few years ago I decided to step up my computer system to be ready to do this kind of collaboration, centered around Final Cut Pro, Apple's professional video editing app that cost $299. My computer is a top end Mac Mini 2018 that includes a 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 processor, 64GB of RAM, a 2 TB internal PCIe SSD, an 8 TB external Thunderbolt 3 NVMe RIAD-0 array and two Dell rotating monitors. Just for comparison, I had a high end MacBook Pro 17" laptop with 32 GB of RAM and an internal 2 TB eSata SSD, it ran at about 490 read/write, my Mac Mini runs at 3400.

The video included 19 of us, Cali being the master track, with her audio sent to each member of the group. The difficulty was, very few of them were able to keep in line with the way Cali sang the song. (I remember the bass uke tribute collaboration I did, it took me many tries to get in the pocket.) In my video, I sent each person detailed instructions on how to go about recording themselves to Cali's master track, many did not follow that very well. It's imperative that each participant be very diligent about melding with the master track.

Here's the video I made, which took great effort to keep each person close to being in sync with the leader, and the collaboration I did years ago.

Last edited:
Quite an impressive Mac set up you have there Mike K. Must be a lot of fun to work on. I wanted to do a video of our local group sing a song and weave in footage of us doing a conga line. It was determined that what I had in mind would take a lot of takes and patience from the participants, and of course, involve a lot of time. But what else is semi retirement for? Maybe this summer we’ll get it together and I can edit the thing.

Quite an impressive Mac set up you have there Mike K. Must be a lot of fun to work on. I wanted to do a video of our local group sing a song and weave in footage of us doing a conga line. It was determined that what I had in mind would take a lot of takes and patience from the participants, and of course, involve a lot of time. But what else is semi retirement for? Maybe this summer we’ll get it together and I can edit the thing.

Thanks Martin. It is great fun, and learning experience as well, the bouncing ball sing-along part was one. We're planning to do another, but this time to avoid not singing in sync, each person will record to a master track, then I'll cut from one person to another without the other tracks.

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman! 👍
I am here to tell you that in the (VERY!!!) unlikely event that anyone should wish me to collaborate with them this week, I can't ... visitors! And, speaking as someone who was forced to sit through "The Dark Knight" one evening recently, I have to say that I can't stand Batman!

Hi Seasonistas,

We see so many great collaborations these days, and I think that it would be awesome to see even more of those. And possibly to participate in some.

Personally I find it a bit intimidating to PM someone out of the blue asking if they want to do a collaboration, and I don't know how a collaboration can otherwise be arranged... unless there was a like an online forum where you could ask... hey, wait this is an online forum!

So I thought that would start a thread for this purpose.
As a new season is starting soon, and collaborating might take some time, I don't have a particular song or collaboration in mind, just wanted to bring out the idea.

The idea is that in this thread one can post if they would like people to PM them about collaborations for a given season.

Either in general or for a specific song.

I realise that most people would like to conceal their song choices, but you can be vague. Like you can hint the artist, the genre, the decade, or whatever. And possibly specify what you can bring and what you need. Like, if you have the strumming/arpeggios /U-bass/solo and want something that goes well with that, or you want to do a duet etc.

And naturally it would be nice to know what mixing tools and work one is bringing in terms of audio and video.

I hope you like the idea, and I hope to put myself out there in this thread in the future.
I had not seen this before. How cool. I will post my collab ideas here.

I've joined RM's 598 collab, and I hope others will too. We've started a PM thread we can add you to.

Meanwhile, I have two duo ideas for 597 if anyone has time to join me - one easy, one hard.

1) The harder one is "Scarborough Fair" ... canticle, anyone?

2) The easy one was AZChris's suggestion. When I was taking three days to get my Inchworm part working, he politely suggested something far simpler, which I recorded five minutes later ... but then shortly after I finally got Inchworm done, and we went with that. Meanwhile, Chris's other idea is now available for anyone who'd like to add something to it ... and hopefully edit yourself in (or I'm happy to do the editing) to the empty side of this - "The Rose" in C:

A14B60FA-FC83-4436-A07C-2F2C42578622.png

695A62F6-3583-4911-86E2-066646EB45F1.png

Last edited:
I got an otherworldly weird song for this season but seek collaborators. The Big Rock Candy Mountain. It has a singing intro and 4 verses.
It starts with a singing intro I'm hoping to get Canada Jim to do holding the last note a little long. Then I take verse 1. I'd like collaborators to sing verses 2, 3 and 4. There is a short whistling thing at the end followed by the line "I'll see you all this coming fall in the Big Rock Candy Mountains" that it would be cool if everyone could do. (I can't whistle well)

Try it. Hopefully you can figure out the cues as to when the verses start but if that's an issue let me know.

Feel free to add what you think fits. If someone wanted to solo on something over a verse, I can easily edit in another verse for a solo, so feel free to bust out with a solo on something.

It's best if you record while wearing some kind of headphones so it just records you and not the track. After you do a recording, message me a link. Thank you!

Here's the part after the singing intro, it's me singing verse 1 followed by blank verses, 2, 3 and 4 for collaborators:

Verse 2 BRCM.JPG

Verse 3 BRCM.JPG

Verse 4 BRCM.JPG

I've joined RM's 598 collab, and I hope others will too. We've started a PM thread we can add you to.

Meanwhile, I have two duo ideas for 597 if anyone has time to join me - one easy, one hard.

1) The harder one is "Scarborough Fair" ... canticle, anyone?

2) The easy one was AZChris's suggestion. When I was taking three days to get my Inchworm part working, he politely suggested something far simpler, which I recorded five minutes later ... but then shortly after I finally got Inchworm done, and we went with that. Meanwhile, Chris's other idea is now available for anyone who'd like to add something to it ... and hopefully edit yourself in (or I'm happy to do the editing) to the empty side of this - "The Rose" in C:

View attachment 155964

View attachment 155965

Hi Wendy - I’d like to give this collab a try! Can you give me some tips on how to do it? Im thinking this:
I watch your video on my laptop while wearing headphones. I record myself on my phone trying to stay to the right side of the screen. I PM you the video and you somehow stitch it together. I don’t seem to be able to download your video from YouTube. Will that work?

You are cordially invited to join us in singing On Top Of Spaghetti. If you wish to participate, please PM me a link to your voice-only audio/video, and you'll be added to the final mix.
(Audio will be extracted from video submissions. Deadline for submission is COB Friday, 10/20/23. Meatball size may vary. Offer void where prohibited.)

Here's a preview, with just @AZChris and me.

Screenshot_20231018-164705_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
I’m very late to the party but would love to collaborate on covers for future Seasons. Since my equipment is limited to a smart phone, the only thing I have to offer is a finger style break or two which admittedly isn’t much. I remain appreciative of @AZChris and @Renaissance-Man for their patience during all the back & forth it took to post the Paper Moon cover for Season 609 (or was that 610?):)

As long as this thread has been resurrected again, here's another video I made in the same style as my other one of Cali Rose & The CC Strummers doing her song "This Morning Something Wonderful Happened to Me."

Top Bottom