The Seasons Collaboration Exchange

As long as this thread has been resurrected again, here's another video I made in the same style as my other one of Cali Rose & The CC Strummers doing her song "This Morning Something Wonderful Happened to Me."

That was great Mike. Cali Rose is amazing -- I had to look up her bio online. How lucky you are to have her as a group leader.
The video was really good. Your bass playing was solid as heck. Great work!

Anyone down to collab on some Steppenwolf for the current season (maybe minus that stupid long instrumental section)?

Chords looks pretty straightforward. Same for the bass line.

Anyone down to collab on some Steppenwolf for the current season (maybe minus that stupid long instrumental section)?

Chords looks pretty straightforward. Same for the bass line.
That instrumental solo is 2 minutes of an E chord. 😴
Did you get any takers on this? I hope you did. It's a fun song.

That instrumental solo is 2 minutes of an E chord. 😴
Did you get any takers on this? I hope you did. It's a fun song.

I did not. I'm now in the middle of learning all the parts for Little Mix's Black Magic, which is a different kind of fun. lol

I did not. I'm now in the middle of learning all the parts for Little Mix's Black Magic, which is a different kind of fun. lol
I'm sorry, Arvin. I assume that you meant to do the Magic Carpet Ride, but it's not one I know. Well, I did have a quick listen just now, so I already benefit from your suggestion. I will keep an eye on this thread for later...

I’m not sure which would be the best thread in which to post this message, so I’ll repeat this in a few that are the most relevant.

As most of you will be aware, I often create my own backing tracks using keyboards (and sometimes digital wind instrument) on GarageBand to accompany my Seasons entries. It’s time consuming, but it’s good fun - and it’s like playing in a band but without all the disagreements and clashes of ego! 😁 And it (hopefully) makes my uke playing seem a little more impressive than it actually is! 😂

So over the years I’ve accumulated a lot of these backing tracks, which I occasionally use when playing at the Seasonistas regular Saturday Zoom Open Mic meetings, but which otherwise sit on my iPad doing nothing.

If anybody would like to use any of my past backing tracks to play/sing along to for their own future Seasons entries (I would remove my uke and vocal parts before sending), I’d be happy to let you have them as mp3 files. Or if you think you could use any of them at your own ‘real life’ uke group meetings that would be great too. Or even if you just wanted to have a go at playing along to them in the privacy of your own home, again I’d be very happy about that as well! There would be no charge for this (though you might be inclined to make a small donation to your favourite charity - entirely up to you).

Check out my YouTube channel for potential songs if you are interested (the most suitable songs to play along with are the ones which have drum parts and therefore a predictable tempo). If a song you like is in an unsuitable key for your singing/playing preferences I may also be able to transpose them before sending - let me know how many steps (semitones) you’d like them changed up or down by.
Send me a pm if you’re interested now or at any time in the future.

Happy Christmas! 🙂

Last edited:
That's so generous of you. I'll have to look at your back catalog again. You got a lot of songs!

Top Bottom