SOTU 349: HALLOWEEN SONGS - ddanner

A Note from your Host: I have added a second playlist to the 349 Intro Description. It is for any original Halloween or related holiday songs that have been written by Seasonistas. New originals written and performed for SOTU 349 will all be included (unless the composers wish otherwise), but anything any of you have written and recorded previously that fit this theme can also be included here. Please flag your post that it was recorded previously so I will not include it on the main playlist. Earlier recordings will not be considered for any awards or prizes.

Hopefully, this secondary playlist will help encourage other Seasonistas to cover these original songs. I encourage any of you that have originals to include the lyrics and chords to the songs in your YouTube video description if you are not worried about theft of un-copyrighted material.

HALLOWEEN SEASON ORIGINALS BY SEASONISTAS

Last edited:
BEVOMU, I will comment on your song over on YT, but I just wanted to say Thanks here for posting the lyrics and chords. Great song choice!

I guess this could be suitable for an adult Halloween party if you need something with a quick tempo. You should be able to find many Halloween-appropriate, up-tempo songs in Voltaire's oeuvre.

I don’t think there has been a Halloween party, at least among the miscreants that I tend to gravitate toward, since 1975 that did not trot this song out. It’s the dance part...always funny in costumes.

Here's a Loretta Lynn song that she wrote in about 20 minutes at Pasty Cline's house shortly after Patsy Cline's death. Lynn then presented the song to Charlie Dick, who was Cline's husband. Loretta Lynn is real big into ghosts anyhow, she has long maintained her mansion in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee is haunted.

Oh, I’m afraid that extra playlist is my fault but I’m oh so glad our lovely host put it up. Let’s see some other pre and newly written songs for the weeks theme! Thanks for the playlist and for g-hosting!

I do have a Halloween song or two I never finished.

Last edited:
Season 349. Submission 1. "Season Of The Witch" (Written and recorded by Donovan, 1966)

Thank you for hosting, Dennis, and your timely theme! This will be my only submission for the week, but I do look forward to listening to the music others will bring.

This song I think will work best with 60s folks. :) The chords are easy enough: C7, F7 chords throughout with C and F used int the chorus.

SotU 349 -- Marie Laveau

Here's one that's suitable for any audience (I think), but would probably be slightly more geared towards adults.

I don't do a very good shriek -- sorry, folks. ;-)

I'm off work today. Louise was out this morning. You all know what that means. Time to rock out.

I defy anyone to play this riff and not feel like a badass

Hello, Dennis ... what a splendidly topical theme! I found this "gem"(?) this morning .....

What? Monday afternoon, and nobody has done this one? I'll jump in while I can...

Seems like every day is Hallowe’en on Scooby Doo - monsters, skeletons, mummies and ghosts aplenty. A classic cartoon in its day - utterly ruined by the introduction of Scooby’s annoying little nephew Scrappy!

For kids of all ages!

This is one of my all time favorite Halloween songs, been recorded by several artists over the years, most famously by "Jumpin" Gene Simmons, who Gene Simmons of Kiss later took his stage name from.

A quick one before I am lost to the World Series the next couple of weeks. What’s Halloween without a scary movie? You have to wait until Christmas to see this one though...

Someone has to have done “Little Drop Of Poison” so I will leave that alone. This is one of Melissa’s favorite songs and I always found it a little delightfully dark. I know I would not play this at a retirement home...but I reckon if I was playing a gig for adults on Halloween I would trot this one out.

"infinity" by hawkwind

our protagonist meets a witch in a wood - what could possibly go wrong?

well, the chords, for one thing! i worked this song out, and played it, with open power chord tuning, assuming it would work just as well with regular chords and tuning

but it doesn't :uhoh:

i'll post it anyway, just in case you fancy going on a thrilling power-chord rollercoaster ride for halloween!

open G power chord tuning...

you can achieve this on a gcea uke, by tuning gddg (change string tunings 0 +2 -2 -2)

and on a baritone, dgbe uke, by tuning dggd (change string tunings 0 0 -4 -2)

numbers below = simple one finger bar chords at these fret positions...

7 5 7 5

I [7] used to be of [5] human kind
I [7] had a life to [5] lead
But [7] now I'm frozen [5] in a dream
My [7] life is lost it [5] seems
She [3] turned the key of [1] endlessness
And [0] locked me in a [1] dream,
In [7] finity
In [5] finity
In [7] finity
In [5] finity

In [7] finity so [5] beautiful
Has [7] turned my soul to [5] ice
And [7] crystallised e [5] ternity
For [7] all my future [5] time
In [7] finity
In [5] finity
In [7] finity
In [5] finity

I [7] met her in a [5] forest glade
Where [7] starbeams grew like [5] trees
I [7] did not take her [5] for a witch
She [7] wasn't what she [5] seemed
In [7] finity
In [5] finity
In [7] finity
In [5] finity

I [7] used to be of [5] human kind
I [7] had a life to [5] lead
But [7] now I'm frozen [5] in a dream
My [7] life is lost it [5] seems
In [7] finity
In [5] finity
In [7] finity
In [5] finity

7 5 7 5 7 5 7 5
7 5 3 1 0

target audience.......................................................... hawkwind fans of pretty much any age??? :uhoh:

Last edited:
This is a T Bone Burnett song. If I remember correctly, the lyrics were mostly written by his 8-year-old daughter.

Top Bottom