FS Mya Moe baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
FS Mya Moe baritone PRICE DROP

For sale is a Mya Moe baritone, bearclaw spruce top cocobolo back and sides with curly maple bindings. I bought this about 16 months ago from the original owner and it came to me in as new condition. It is pretty much the same way now, excellent +++ shape. I have looked it over critically and no dings, dents or scratches. Serial #1324, build date 3/14. I switched out the original rabbit ear tuners for black on black Gotoh UTP. The 4 small screw holes from the original tuners are still visible on the back of the head stock. If that is an issue I will reinstall the original rabbit ear tuners.

It sounds warm, full, resonant and sweet. Not the bright in your face tone you would expect from this wood combo. It does respond well to string changes. If you want it brighter use thinner diameter strings, I like warm. It comes with the original Mya Moe case in good condition, this instrument has never left my home. Why am I selling it, I have a LfdM baritone.....enough said. But I have been with both for over a year and really like the simple elegance of Mya Moe. It is light, well balanced, plays and sounds great. If it doesn't sell I will be happy to hold onto it.

Price including shipping to anywhere in continental North America is $1800.00. Paypal only and I eat the fees, no family and friends so we are both protected.

20170520_174855.jpg20170520_174933.jpg20170520_174922.jpg20170520_175057.jpg20181021_122242.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no. I already have a baritone! What to do? What to do? :drool:

Got it. I need to win the lottery.

Last edited:
It's a beauty Dave, good luck with the sale.

Here is the sound sample I did for the NUD post when I had found the string combo I liked. They are D'Addario NYL035W NYL030W for wound #4 & #3 and Oasis florocarbon classical guitar strings , .030" on #2 and .026" on #1 positions.

This was recorded with my Samsung phone so not the best high fidelity recording. No editing or effects, just raw, its ok but much better in real life

http://app.box.com/s/ozumjt3r4q75bc3y51d0nnqsapckez9v

Last edited:
I’ve tried this uke. I sounds great and plays excellent. Good luck with the sale Dave.

Adam

I’ve tried this uke. I sounds great and plays excellent. Good luck with the sale Dave.

Adam

Thanks Adam, we missed you at the uke party. Joesph brought along a Hoffman (boatpaddle) concert in cedar and ebony. Wowww, you would have loved it. I got a few suprises......gotta come over and see

Great baritone, excellent wood combination, Dave. It looks and sounds terrific! I have a similar Mya-moe baritone that I wouldn't part with. Seems it took your very custom LFdM baritone to pry this beauty from you.

I would grab this one, if I didn't already have a similar Mya-moe baritone.

Very nice, Dave. Somebody's gonna be very happy with this purchase! GLWS! Eddie

Thanks Adam, we missed you at the uke party. Joesph brought along a Hoffman (boatpaddle) concert in cedar and ebony. Wowww, you would have loved it. I got a few suprises......gotta come over and see

I got a couple of new ones too. I wanted to stop in and see you guys but just couldn’t make it out of Toronto in time. I’m in next time.

This may be a really dumb question, but, what is that black dot attached to the sound hole in some of the pictures but not all? Is it a pick up?

good luck with the sale Dave, lovely instrument

Thanks for all the nice compliments guys. Look at that bearclaw......mastergrade wood, so is the cocobolo back and sides. New build price was around $2400.00. The condition is very close to new.

TGIF bump

20170520_174953.jpg1540549014359365092851.jpg15405491601221577739782.jpg15405494438281247279895.jpg

Last edited:
That really is a very spectacular woodset Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom