Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS Mya Moe baritone

Default FS Mya Moe baritone PRICE DROP

For sale is a Mya Moe baritone, bearclaw spruce top cocobolo back and sides with curly maple bindings. I bought this about 16 months ago from the original owner and it came to me in as new condition. It is pretty much the same way now, excellent +++ shape. I have looked it over critically and no dings, dents or scratches. Serial #1324, build date 3/14. I switched out the original rabbit ear tuners for black on black Gotoh UTP. The 4 small screw holes from the original tuners are still visible on the back of the head stock. If that is an issue I will reinstall the original rabbit ear tuners.

It sounds warm, full, resonant and sweet. Not the bright in your face tone you would expect from this wood combo. It does respond well to string changes. If you want it brighter use thinner diameter strings, I like warm. It comes with the original Mya Moe case in good condition, this instrument has never left my home. Why am I selling it, I have a LfdM baritone.....enough said. But I have been with both for over a year and really like the simple elegance of Mya Moe. It is light, well balanced, plays and sounds great. If it doesn't sell I will be happy to hold onto it.

Price including shipping to anywhere in continental North America is $1800.00. NEW PRICE...$1650........FINAL PRICE DROP $1550 Paypal only and I eat the fees, no family and friends so we are both protected.

20170520_174855.jpg20170520_174933.jpg20170520_174922.jpg20170520_175057.jpg20181021_122242.jpg
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 11-10-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Oh no. I already have a baritone! What to do? What to do?

Got it. I need to win the lottery.
    Last edited by Martinlover; 10-21-2018 at 11:39 AM.

It's a beauty Dave, good luck with the sale.
    DEPENDENTS:

In order of age:

Kamaka HF-4 Baritone C Linear Tuning 6/2009
    Martin C-1K Concert, Bb Re-entrant Tuning 4/2014
    Kala KA SRMT-TRI Tenor C Linear Tuning 6/1/2015
    Pono MTD-CR Tenor C Re-entrant Tuning 6/21/2016
    Ko'olau Model 100 Tenor C Linear Tuning 7/27/2018

Beautiful baritone! Do you have a sound sample?
    Everybody should have and play a uke. Itís so simple to carry with you and it is one instrument you canít play and not laugh! - George Harrison

Organizer, Peninsula Ukulele Group www.meetup.com/Peninsula-Ukulele-Group

Here is the sound sample I did for the NUD post when I had found the string combo I liked. They are D'Addario NYL035W NYL030W for wound #4 & #3 and Oasis florocarbon classical guitar strings , .030" on #2 and .026" on #1 positions.

This was recorded with my Samsung phone so not the best high fidelity recording. No editing or effects, just raw, its ok but much better in real life

http://app.box.com/s/ozumjt3r4q75bc3y51d0nnqsapckez9v
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 10-22-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinlover View Post
    Oh no. I already have a baritone! What to do? What to do?

Got it. I need to win the lottery.
    "A" baritone, as in only one? Come on! You need two or more, just for variety .
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!

I’ve tried this uke. I sounds great and plays excellent. Good luck with the sale Dave.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Alytw View Post
    I’ve tried this uke. I sounds great and plays excellent. Good luck with the sale Dave.

Adam
    Thanks Adam, we missed you at the uke party. Joesph brought along a Hoffman (boatpaddle) concert in cedar and ebony. Wowww, you would have loved it. I got a few suprises......gotta come over and see

Great baritone, excellent wood combination, Dave. It looks and sounds terrific! I have a similar Mya-moe baritone that I wouldn't part with. Seems it took your very custom LFdM baritone to pry this beauty from you.

I would grab this one, if I didn't already have a similar Mya-moe baritone.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Very nice, Dave. Somebody's gonna be very happy with this purchase! GLWS! Eddie
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.óVoltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thread Information