Ausencias (The Absent) - Astor Piazzolla

Hi Laurence, This is in my favourite music world. The music of South America and Spanish music for the guitar and piano. Especially the music of the last 200 years or so! There is so much music that will translate to Ukulele well and this piece does. There would be several lifetimes work arranging these pieces for the ukulele. Beautifully played and a great affinity for the Argentinian style. I am amazed at the great balance you get from your thumb pick and flesh of the fingers. I could not tell any difference. Really lovely stuff. At the time of replying only 17 views after a couple of days of being posted. Come on UU this is wonderful music. Let's give it the views and comments it deserves!!!!
Mike

Hi Laurence, This is in my favourite music world. The music of South America and Spanish music for the guitar and piano. Especially the music of the last 200 years or so! There is so much music that will translate to Ukulele well and this piece does. There would be several lifetimes work arranging these pieces for the ukulele. Beautifully played and a great affinity for the Argentinian style. I am amazed at the great balance you get from your thumb pick and flesh of the fingers. I could not tell any difference. Really lovely stuff. At the time of replying only 17 views after a couple of days of being posted. Come on UU this is wonderful music. Let's give it the views and comments it deserves!!!!
Mike

Mike, if yours was the only comment I believe I would be content! I have no formal training in this style (or any other style) but when I hear beautiful music that speaks to me I feel compelled to attempt it. And your wonderful arrangements helped nudge me in this direction. This is an exciting time for the ukulele! It is on the frontier of new discoveries, and the limitations that have been placed on this little instrument in the past have been blown away by the masters I hear on youtube - you included!

Mike, if yours was the only comment I believe I would be content! I have no formal training in this style (or any other style) but when I hear beautiful music that speaks to me I feel compelled to attempt it. And your wonderful arrangements helped nudge me in this direction. This is an exciting time for the ukulele! It is on the frontier of new discoveries, and the limitations that have been placed on this little instrument in the past have been blown away by the masters I hear on youtube - you included!

I do agree with you Laurence. In a lot of ways other instruments like guitars, mandolins etc have a very mature history and an established repertoire. The Ukulele as a lot of potential to be exploited and in some ways we are the lucky ones who can do something about it. To me it is all about the music that is being played!
Mike

Wow Laurence, this is truly inspiration work my friend, how wonderful :D I'm just catching up here at UU, our community volunteering work has kept me away for a little while, so I'll enjoy watching some of these fabulous videos over the next few days :D

Thanks a lot Campbell! I admit I was just wondering where you disappeared to - turns out you have a life! who knew? :)

Top Bottom