Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rank newbie

Thank you! This does seem like a very welcoming community. I look forward to being able to really participate.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Welcome! Just learn a few of the easier chords, then a few songs you want to learn. Work at them and have fun. Less than 2 years ago, I was a rank newbie too. Now I'm just rank
    John

You're going to love it! Start with a few basic chords and changing between them (which will feel like a mountain at first but will soon become easy as breathing!) and just keep going!

Thank you! That's what I've been doing (a few basic chords, and the chorus of a song I want to learn) and working on transitioning from chord to chord. I've added singing along, too. It's a slow song, so I'm not doing too badly singing and keeping my hands moving at the same time!

I've had my little impulse-buy uke for several years but hadn't picked it up since I bought it. Now I'm playing it pretty regularly. I got nicer strings for it and it does sound better. And I have an Ohana SK-10 on the way from Mim. I'm SO anxious to see how it sounds and feels compared to my "pick one off the stack of boxes" Guitar Center uke!

(I wind up hanging out around a lot of campfires and am seriously thinking about getting a Kala Waterman for that purpose...it's too soon to have UAS, isn't it??)

If you enjoy what you are doing,and have fun doing it, more strength to you! Keep it up, you know it makes sense!
    All power and respect to you Concert,Tenor and Baritone players, but Soprano is what does it for me every time!

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    If you enjoy what you are doing,and have fun doing it, more strength to you! Keep it up, you know it makes sense!
    I'm enjoying it so far, buzzes and squawks and tender fingertips and all. I've tried learning a couple of instruments before, but I think I'm sticking with uke better than I did with any of them before. It's just such a fun instrument with a truly fascinating history...I'm just digging it.

And the community seems awesome. For an anxious socially awkward introvert like me, that's drastically important.

...it's too soon to have UAS, isn't it??
    It's never too soon!
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    It's never too soon!
    That is NOT good news!

Welcome...……...

Thank you!

Thread Information