FS: Howlett, DaSilva, Kepasa, Kiwaya, and Favilla

WCBarnes

Reaction score
The time has come to reduce the number of ukes I own. UAS got a hold of me really bad over the past couple years and my collection has grown larger than I need. Additionally, I am moving within the next 6 months, so the push to downsize has become the priority. Parting with these was really tough decision as they are truly amazing ukes, but the time has come. I have bought and sold many ukes on this site and try to represent the instruments as honestly as possible. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

Pete Howlett Ditson koa concert -- SOLD
I ordered this ukulele straight from Mr. Howlett and received it in spring 2016. It is an all koa Ditson style ukulele. The sound and sustain on this one is excellent! The neck is perfect and extremely easy to play. I listed it for sale about a year ago but pulled it back because when I picked it up to record the sound clip I couldn’t put it down and it reentered my rotation. The uke has a satin finish and the only sign of playwear are the shiny spots near the sound hole where I rest my fingers. I tried to capture it in the photos, but they do not show up very well.

While Mr. Howlett is still taking orders and building, he is no longer taking any orders for concert ukuleles, only tenors. So if you are wanting a concert Howlett they are going to become more difficult to find.

I am looking for SOLD shipped CONUS. It comes with the hard case shown in the photos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CK2THXL3KpbRheTL6

Sound sample
https://soundcloud.com/user608883919/howlett-ditson-concert

Kepasa Maderia koa soprano
This Madeira has a body built of koa with a Spanish cedar neck. The bridge and fingerboard are ebony and the fingerboard hosts a chevron strip down the center. This is a small bodied soprano ukulele with a 14" scale and a nut width is 1 14/32". This gives it extra room on the fretboard so it is an extremely easy soprano to play. There is an oil finish on the body and neck, hand-rubbed to a satin luster. Includes hard case.
I'm sure that when you get this ukulele in your hands, you will be amazed at the big sound that comes from such a small instrument.
I would like $875 shipped to CONUS.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/L8eNZmNF32LfhdNL9

Mike DaSilva koa concert - SOLD
Custom concert ukulele built by Mike DaSilva from Berkely CA. DaSilva instruments are custom builds only, very rare to find one for sale. This one is all koa with a beautiful rope binding and a snakewood headplate. DaSilva ukes are known for how incredibly light and vibrant they are and this one is no exception. His concert ukes start at $1500+ options. I am looking to get SOLD shipped to the CONUS. Also included in the sale is a new Crossrock case.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/97yTyZE5jcV6sH1B8

Kiwaya KCU-1 concert
SOLD

Favilla baritone
SOLD

Last edited:
I've done several transactions with Colin and found him to be a pleasure to deal with. So much so that we keep in touch even when not buying or selling with each other. So buy with confidence!

I'll take the Kiwaya KCU-1 if it's still available. Sending PM now

If I didn’t already have a Kepasa Madeira I would be on that like a tick on a dog !

It is an excellent uke! I just don't play soprano enough to justify keeping it around.

I've done several transactions with Colin and found him to be a pleasure to deal with. So much so that we keep in touch even when not buying or selling with each other. So buy with confidence!

Thanks Eddie! I appreciate the kind words.

The Kiwaya has been sold. I have had a few questions about the others, but as of now they are still available.

I'll take the Da Silva. PM Sent.

Thank you Colin.

The DaSilva finally arrived today, after being detained in Customs!! It is exactly as you described and beautifully packaged. A pleasure doing business with you.

Top Bottom