Thread: Sometimes you get lucky

Default Sometimes you get lucky

I know it's a bit of a lottery buying stuff from eBay but this time I got lucky..purchased two reclaimed boards of Cuban Mahogany from off an antique drop leaf table... No joints all solid wood I have nested and cut them up for resawing into tops backs and sides enough for 24 sopranos.
    cuban by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Niiice!

John Colter

These boards are 20mm thick so I can get 4 slices off each chunk....Thats 24 soprano sets
    Here they are part completed .
    IMG_1961 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    Here are 12 sets sanded to thickness ready for storage for later use.
    IMG_1962 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    Last edited by Timbuck; 10-30-2018 at 01:56 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

you want to hear lucky, my BMW motorcycle survived both of H. Michael's eyewalls unscathed in an aluminum shed. We are dead center, about 10mi. from Mexico beach. Giant pine missed the shed by about 3 feet. did have to wash off a little salt spray.
    there is no substitute for LOVE

That's quite an operation.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!

Quote Originally Posted by strumsilly View Post
    you want to hear lucky, my BMW motorcycle survived both of H. Michael's eyewalls unscathed in an aluminum shed. We are dead center, about 10mi. from Mexico beach. Giant pine missed the shed by about 3 feet. did have to wash off a little salt spray.
    Narrow escape there.
    Sounds like there is quite a bit of timber available now...It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished instruments

I love seeing great vintage wood being reclaimed, and turned into wonderful ukes!

Thread Information