Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 350: Seasonista Originals

I approached this with trepidation! Jon is my ukulele hero, having been solely responsible for bringing my supremely untalented self to this wonderful (and, otherwise exceedingly talented) community ... he has a lot to answer for! This is a pale imitation of Jon's song, which has known two incarnations, first as Jon's original version and later as a super-enhanced version by the very talented duo, "Silence is Autumn". My apologies to Jon ... and to Kevin! The beanie is worn in homage to my hero! (And, whoops, John (Flatbaroque) .... I didn't look back, so I hadn't realised you had already posted this! Sorry!)

Last edited by LimousinLil; 10-30-2018 at 04:04 AM.
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    a football related original. Hand ball goals being allowed because the ref has not seen.
    This happened only last week and leeds fans and nottingham forrest fans have gone
    into meltdown. Raises some interesting and moral questions about cheating and the
    rewards of doing so.
    Rob!!!! You've been blocked!!!!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Rob!!!! You've been blocked!!!!
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    By FIFA, apparently!

My first effort this week comes from the pen of Berni Armstrong. Berni has to be one of the most consistently good songwriters here. His songs cover a wide range of subjects and are in a wide range of styles. I chose this song because it shows his folk music influences, particularly in his treatment of the subject as there are many folk songs that deal with this theme, but he very much puts his own stamp on it. The accompanying video is pictures I've taken at Saltburn a town on the coast nearby. I've used some of them before and I've included some video clips of the sea to complement the theme of the song.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

I chose "(A Possible) Ukulele Underground Theme Song" (2012) by Berni Armstrong. Berni's original video is here and a fine cover by Rex is also available. I found the chords and lyrics from Rex's post (#47) in Season 123 thread

Since I've covered three others' songs, I guess I'm clear to do a new original, written for this week. This is a song about new songs. Feel free to sing along on the chorus. Only three chords! Key of D.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

So just to show that Trent isn’t the only brown-noser in these here parts, I’ve also chosen one of our esteemed host’s songs to cover. I love the message of this one - basically that there’s nothing wrong with doing things your own way in life sometimes, and starting with dessert could be just the first step! It’s a message I need to take heed of myself a little more often - so I’ve coupled it with a drum beat that maybe isn’t an obvious choice, just to be different!

And here is Randy’s excellent original version: https://youtu.be/0A2dw9qfOs0

One by Linda Louden.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Default Where do we go from here - an MP Original song.

I started working on this song back when we did the Elvis and Nick theme but didn't manage to get it from more than an idea, so this was the perfect opportunity to get it recorded. I hope you like this original song 'Where do we go from here'...

Thread Information