Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 350: Seasonista Originals

I love this song that AlanDP wrote. Its a terrific throwback song. Alan is a fabulous writer and this one is really clever, and I love this style of music.

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

If anyone wants to cover my songs, here’s one playlist and here are songs from my forthcoming EP Greetings from Rocky Point. Hoping to be back later on this week...

a beautiful song Joo wrote about an art class she used to take
    with a small group of young children that speaks to the creativity in us all.
    always loved this so much. I used some of the drawings and paintings the kiddos
    made themselves and which features in her original video.
    Joo's ("gugu and gorilla") original songs and art is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Oxj1b-z4KP9cJx

I think Randy once hosted a season just for instrumentals. So here's a new original instrumental. And here's the story:

This afternoon I started playing around with a jazzy sort of progression using all different 7th chords. I thought I had something nice, but it needed a little sort of bridge break, so I started playing around with some alternate way-up-the-fretboard fingerings to see what they sounded like. Most of them I didn't even know what they were until I figured them out after I had played them. I started writing some words, which is where I got the title for this piece, but then I started thinking I would like to just try to play a melody for this without any lyrics. So after I had figured everything out on the ukulele, I laid down a backing track with ChordPulse and started playing along with it. This take was after a few hours of playing around with it. It felt nice to give my jazz brain muscles a little workout.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Here's a song i wrote on one of my many hikes this summer. Season 350 (originals) seems like the perfect opportunity to share it with the seasonistas. Hope you enjoy. We are in the middle of a production of Annie, so I used some sets to help with the video.

what would you do if you were a monkey?
    Markwo would climb to the tallest tree and fling his monkey poo at you.
    We would too.

homemade song

lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Here's one of Randy's Originals "The Reunion" I had to do it for season 350

Keith's Season is posted now, and it looks like it's going to be amazing! I can't wait!

This Season has a lot of life left in it as well! I am enjoying this SOOOOOOOOO much! Y'all are so amazing.

A quick side note about Seasonista Forté who has posted several songs this week. Some of you know that he's the leader of the uke band I play in ("Forté and the Pianissimos") but did you know that he's a music educator and leads a high school ukulele band with 80 kids in it? He's quite a guy!

Back to the Seasons! Keep 'em coming!
    Randy - Harry122

I decided to re-record a song I recorded earlier because it is my favorite of Randy's. Has a great message for all of us!

Thread Information