Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Season 350: Seasonista Originals

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Randy, I hate that I'm unlikely to squeeze something in this week.

The Raleigh Uke Jam is celebrating its FIFTH ANNIVERSARY on Thursday, and we're planning a real wingding. Making that happen has taken up all my spare time. (Plus, we're having an open mic, so I've had to choose a song to play before the group.)

I may comment on some vids after the season ends.
    No worries! Have fun and tell us all about it when you return!
    Randy - Harry122

We now have something like 30 artists' playlists in the "Do You Have A Playlist Of Your Original Songs?" thread, which includes literally thousands of original songs. The Season's Playlist is nearing 100 entries, and I'm delighted and amazed with every entry.

I love the Seasons!
    Randy - Harry122

Default "The Witnesses" a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow - arranged by pabrizzer

I wasn't sure I'd be able to get anything done in time for this Season, Randy. I had to use the first few days wrapping up SOTU 349, and then we had to leave for weekend travel. So, this comes to you from our hotel room in Richmond, Va at the UkeFest Virginia Festival.

This entry may not fully meet your Season's requirements however, because it is technically a collab, and the lyrics were not original.

pabrizzer set Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem, "The Witnesses" to music for Season 175 for Doug's theme about boats. He gave the chord progression info in his YT description, and it is basically a 3 chord song.

I put together a songchart for it soon after he did it for the Seasons, and I have wanted to cover it for a long time. Thanks for the opportunity to finally do so.

Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks . . .
    =======================================
    ddanner SOTU VIDEOS: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...wjRMd7fqE9vEv2
    ddanner ORIGINAL SONGS: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...h4b1ScxqSX_UGP

new homemade-y

lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Quote Originally Posted by joo View Post
    here is an original by Gina called Kid Sister.
    She did this for the insect week which I hosted, and I was moved by it a lot.
    Dear Joo,

Thanks for honoring me with this cover. The banjolele added that whimsical touch in which the spirit of the song was captured. I will treasure this and the beautiful memories it invokes. Thanks again.
    "There are purple trees, my other mind has seen. So many things this one has not, so many things this one forgot. They never existed or did they? My other mind would know". gsc

Greetings,

What a week. This is fantastic and I only wish I had more time to record more beautiful originals from this talent pool.

Ciao
    "There are purple trees, my other mind has seen. So many things this one has not, so many things this one forgot. They never existed or did they? My other mind would know". gsc

I am loving this season! Can we just make it a permanent thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ukulele extra cheese View Post
    I am loving this season! Can we just make it a permanent thread?
    With the thousands of amazing originals in reserve, I'm betting that a Seasonista Original could be found for most any Season!
    Randy - Harry122

Default Midsomer Estate Agency

One of the first songs I heard on the seasons was Sparky's original song 'Midsomer Estate Agency'. I just love this song for both the clever and funny lyrics but also for the melody. So I started working on my cover and in the process I think I made it into a Britpop tune. Well I was young in the 90's and have been living in the UK for more than a decade and since it is about a (fictional) English village, I reckon it's ok... Hope you like it. So fun to work on. 3 ukuleles were 'killed' in the process. Cheers.

This will be my last song for this season. Been really enjoyable.

Link to sparky's original here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyR6...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Last edited by mep1; 11-04-2018 at 11:33 AM.

FIL is visiting Alan Thornton and him and the Throckmorton Ukulele band have recorded a song for this season. But Alan has been having problems accessing the Ukulele Underground site. So he asked me to post this for him. Here you go. I hope there are still people around on this Season to listen to this great song and performance.

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Thread Information