Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Season 350: Seasonista Originals

Thanks Berni,
    Hi Ho, dear Seasonistas.
    UU finally let me in now.
    Hope to catch up some soon.
    It's the songs, isn't it?

This is the song I ‘wanted’ to cover. Can’t get anything done these days it seems
    https://youtu.be/Aq6yAjqaa2s

Well this was fun! 98 amazing entries this Season!

I am continually astounded by the talent here in the Seasons.

Wrap-up soon!
    Randy - Harry122

WONDERFUL season!
    lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Genius idea for a Season Randy. Wish I’d had more time to do more than just the one.

What a week this has been for me, Randy - and I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling that way.

For the first time ever, I’ve heard my songs played by other people. In fact, not just by ‘other people’, but by people I’ve come to regard as friends, people I’ve quickly come to like and respect way beyond their considerable musical abilities. I’m flattered and honoured that they chose my songs to learn and play, and I’ve been moved to tears on more than one occasion by the amazing results.

And the opportunity also to cover songs by just some of the amazingly talented individuals on this forum was the icing on a very special Season 350 cake. Getting under the bonnet of these songs just made me appreciate them even more - I only wish I’d had the time to do more.

And, Randy, it has to be said that starting the seasonista originals playlist thread a few days before your season started was a stroke of pure genius - and I’m sure it will prove to be an ongoing treasure trove for many years to come.

So, in summary - thank you, Randy, and thank you everyone! You’re very special people!

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    What a week this has been for me, Randy - and I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling that way.

For the first time ever, I’ve heard my songs played by other people. In fact, not just by ‘other people’, but by people I’ve come to regard as friends, people I’ve quickly come to like and respect way beyond their considerable musical abilities. I’m flattered and honoured that they chose my songs to learn and play, and I’ve been moved to tears on more than one occasion by the amazing results.

And the opportunity also to cover songs by just some of the amazingly talented individuals on this forum was the icing on a very special Season 350 cake. Getting under the bonnet of these songs just made me appreciate them even more - I only wish I’d had the time to do more.

And, Randy, it has to be said that starting the seasonista originals playlist thread a few days before your season started was a stroke of pure genius - and I’m sure it will prove to be an ongoing treasure trove for many years to come.

So, in summary - thank you, Randy, and thank you everyone! You’re very special people!
    ^ What he said Couldn't have put it better.

And like Randy says up thread, there's no reason we can't continue doing covers of seasonista originals to fit future themes, so there's hope yet for the list of ones I wanted to cover but didn't have time/ability to do in a week

Sparky

Cool Yasssssss....

I love this one!
    Hugs to all involved.
    Big boy skanking over here in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain goat View Post
    there's actually a 4-way member connection here:
    a song written by Cheese, inspired by one of Joo's paintings of Russell, performed by me.
    I love this theme so much Randy. I sorta feel like it should be a recurring one.
    one thing I've found going back over all these fantastic original songs written by the folks' here
    is that each person has such a unique style and voice, and so hard to replicate. and there to, is the beauty of covering music -
    we listen to a song, we breath it in, take it to our hearts and breath out a new and different life.
    really feel privileged to know y'all and be part of this place sometimes.
    thanks for the reason, brother.
    It's the songs, isn't it?

Randy, just noticed Graham’s song I did not on the playlist

Oh no! Sorry about that! I'll get it on the Playlist ASAP!

What a terrific Season. Thank you all. Sparky, Rob & Hoo, PM me your addresses please!

Randy - Harry122

Thread Information