Season 350: Seasonista Originals

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score

Season 350: Seasonista Originals

For this Season, we will celebrate original songs written by Seasonistas. Let’s use this Season as an opportunity to celebrate our songwriting friends and discover some amazing songs.

There is a list of originals written by some talented Seasonistas IN THIS THREAD. There are also many songs that don’t yet belong to an “Originals Playlist.” Also, check out A Seasonista Wrote this...stuff (Thanks Ryan!) Feel free to do some hunting, asking, and discovering!

If you’ve written a song that you’d love for a fellow Seasonista to cover, please let us know in this thread! Conversely, if you DO NOT want anyone to cover one of your originals, let us know.

There will be prizes!

Have fun!

The Rules:
• All songs this Season must be originals, written by any Seasonista.
• Your song must be newly-recorded and exclusively for Season 350.
• Your own originals are very welcome, but before you post an original of your own, you must record at least one original from another Seasonista.
• Don’t post any videos that are not entries – put those things on the Island.
• The video must say it’s for Season 350, either written or verbalized.
• No song Limit!
• Multitracking is fine, but the ukulele must be prominent.
• The Season runs eight days, starting at midnight Hawaii time, Sunday, and ends eight days later at midnight, the end of the day, Sunday.
• Please comment on others’ work – it’s always well appreciated!

Playlist

Last edited:
There is a list of originals written by some talented Seasonistas IN THIS THREAD

You sly dog you. Well played.

This thread is sure to be a treasure trove as well..... but the rabbit hole is so deep you might not come back out before the week ends!

Greetings,

Awesome. Sounds challenging and fun.

Randy, thank you for hosting and your fine theme!

I'm going to ask that others please not cover any of my songs. I'm just not sure if or how much I'm going to be able to participate this week. Not that I think others will be running off to do one of mine with all the talent on that playlist!

I know this will be a GREAT week of music! Thank you, Randy! :)

I have a bunch of original songs in Itunes, can anyone advise me on how to make a public playlist?

Great Theme idea, Randy, and you have already and are continuing to compile a great reference location for some really great Seasonista song writing material! Nicely done!

Thanks for hosting SOTU 350 but a reminder to everyone that SOTU 349's door is still open, and prize categories have been defined: one of which is a prize for commenting on other Seasonistas videos! So, be sure to view and comment on a few more Halloween videos before rushing off into 350's fertile valleys.

Great Theme idea, Randy, and you have already and are continuing to compile a great reference location for some really great Seasonista song writing material! Nicely done!

Thanks for hosting SOTU 350 but a reminder to everyone that SOTU 349's door is still open, and prize categories have been defined: one of which is a prize for commenting on other Seasonistas videos! So, be sure to view and comment on a few more Halloween videos before rushing off into 350's fertile valleys.

Ditto on that! 349 is a really fun Season, and there's plenty of time for more tunes!

I have a bunch of original songs in Itunes, can anyone advise me on how to make a public playlist?

Get in the "Creator Studio" in YouTube, go to Video Manager and on the left of the screen, click on Playlists. It will show you a button that says "New Playlist". Click on that. If the box that pops up shows a globe icon and says Public, then the playlist will be public. If it says Private or Unlisted, click on that word and the option will come up to change that to Public. It will create the playlist, which will be empty at first. Click "Edit", then "Add Videos". Probably the quickest option for how to add the videos will be to click on "Your YouTube Videos", which will list the videos you've uploaded. You can click on the ones that are originals to add them to the playlist.

Ahem ... I hesitate to mention this, but, being totally musically illiterate, much as I admire the songwriting talents of our Seasonistas, there is no way I am going to be able to cover any of their songs unless the chords, as well as the lyrics are available. I think one or two people have been publishing both recently, but not many. I am hoping that, if I choose a song, then a PM to the relevant Seasonista might produce what this imposter needs to proceed. I thank you!

Great theme Randy. Not sure, like last week, I’ll be able to partiskipate but I will do my bestest. I will be watching with interest though :)

Ahem ... I hesitate to mention this, but, being totally musically illiterate, much as I admire the songwriting talents of our Seasonistas, there is no way I am going to be able to cover any of their songs unless the chords, as well as the lyrics are available. I think one or two people have been publishing both recently, but not many. I am hoping that, if I choose a song, then a PM to the relevant Seasonista might produce what this imposter needs to proceed. I thank you!
I’ll happily provide a chord and lyrics if anyone needs them Val :D

A mysterious Krabbers song. When you come to say goodbye

Code:
Intro [C] to [F] X2

[C]Donít wear the [Am]black dress
When you [Em]come to say goodbye
When you [F]come to say goodbye
Donít wear the black [C]dress [F]

[C] [F]
†
[C]Donít hang your [Am]head down 
[C]Donít hang your [Am]head down
Donít hang your head [C]down [F]

[C] [F]
†
[Am]Cos where I am may be [Em]dark
[F]An unfamiliar [C]place [Em]
[Am]And I want to see you blue [Em]eyes
[F]And your beautiful [G]Face one more [G7]time
†
[C]Donít sing no [Am]sad songs
[C]Donít sing no [Am]sad songs
Donít sing no sad [C]songs [F]

[C] [F]
†
[Am]Cos where I am may be [Em]dark
[F]An unfamiliar [C]place [Em]
[Am]And I want to see you blue [Em]eyes
[F]And your beautiful [G]Face one more [G7]time

Donít wear your black [C]dress [F]
Donít hang your head [C]down [F]
Donít sing no sad [C]songs [F]
Donít even sing [C]along

Last edited:
Just want to say I've been on guitar forums for a long time and the standard of songwriting in this little corner of ukeland is consistently better.Every week there are some new gems.
I found this in a link that Ryan gave. A Wee Rob jobbie (aka Roope seta Puhuu). Based on a true story about Johnny Cash and his Folsom prison concert.It really appealed to me.From 2009.

I was down in the chow-house eating a mess of stew Serving out a ten year stretch for a crime I did not do

The warden bangs a spoon on a plate says we're gonna have a bash Folsom's putting on a killer show with a singer called Johnny Cash

So I got in there early got a seat in the front row You should have seen me dancing boys, I nearly stole the show
Now Johnny he was laughing just to see me dance around He up an threw a harp at me, I caught it before it hit the ground
I went back down to the chow-house jumping around and singing out loud Just to hold and play that harp well it made me kindda proud
Then Snake eyed Bill he stared me down and says Ah wants me one of them. So he took my harp and I made a trade for a bag of M&M's
Five years way down the line they gave me my parole I headed up to the Minnesota mines and worked at digging coal
Now some things you've just got to take and never count the cost and some regrets you have to live with, just like a love that's lost
. So he took my harp and he broke my heart, I didn't think about it then So he took my harp and he broke my heart, for a bag of M&M's

I'm happy to provide guidance on my songs as best I can but foolishly I never write the music down, just the lyrics.

Top Bottom