Season 350: Seasonista Originals

Here's one of Lynda's.Bird's eye view of my uke. Love her homemade songs.I think her and Pabrizzer have two of the best rhythmic right hands around.I don't think this was an SOTU from her but one to showcase a new guitarlele.I've linked to hers on the tube.
edit..oh got a new baritone...just a laminate Oscar Schmidt. Spalted mango finish.Nice.
I added an extra verse of lyrics to acknowledge the writer.
And after 3 harmonica songs in a row I will lock up the harp drawer.

Last edited:
So it turns out most of the originals on here are harder than you lot made them look... ! Good grief, far too much talent around here. Shouldn't be allowed! ;)

I think this season is also strongly hinting that Jon Duncan needs to publish a songbook of his originals :)

Speaking of which, I found one that I just love but had only two views (before the gazillion of me trying to figure out the chords and lyrics, simplify, then simplify again, and a bit more...). Pretty sure I didn't get either right but anyway, here's my attempt...

Don't let it put you off the fantastic and lovely original which is here:

I'm loving this season so much, great theme idea. Tons of brilliant entries.

Sparky

This song is from the first season I ever hosted, season 194. One of the "suggestions" for an original song was to write a song that mixed English with some other language, and John Liebler wrote a song that has a Spanish phrase in it. I really liked it. Besides just writing great songs, his performances and productions are always of professional quality. This cover is not of professional quality in any way, but I took a stab at it anyway. Lots of multitracking in this one. Backing vocals, and couple of melodica tracks. Some reverb effects added with Audacity. The synth-sounding bit was made with the EtherSurface android app.

Last edited:
here is another cover of a paorioginal from us.

Sometimes the world is just too big
Distances too vast and way too far
I’d love to embrace you all no matter where you are
Sometimes the world is just too big

Some say the world is getting small
But I think is still just way too wide
I’d love to meet you all and play our ukes around a fire
I wish it really was that small

Yes I think the world is way too large
This virtual world will have to do I guess
But to meet you face to face and in person would be best
But this world of ours is just too large

Well I got a pm from Markwo telling me he thinks his song Mayor of Sadtown is just me and i should cover it. Now I'm hoping he wasn't being pointed and nasty because that is me, especially the way I feel this week. So in the hope that it wasn't a nasty message, I looked through his terrific originals and found this one, which is equally me, but not hanging from a tree. Yet.

this random idea came to my head when I was thinking about Jon's originals and videos....
I told him that I would want to make a video "inspired" by his habit of deleting his videos in the past...
a sort of "cover"....he came up with this song, so I covered it, and made this.

Last edited:
here is an original by Gina called Kid Sister.
She did this for the insect week which I hosted, and I was moved by it a lot.

A lullaby by Markwo: Night has fallen.

Night has Fallen: A Lullaby by Markwo. Lyrics

Night has fallen, its time for bed
Put on your PJ’s lay down your head
Don’t start to fuss or cry now. It will be OK
WHen the night is over, we’ll start a brand new day

Night has fallen its time for sleep
Close your eyes now, count some sheep
Here’s some hugs and kisses to see you through
When you wake up in the morning I’ll be here for you.

So rest your eyes now, have dreams that are sweet
Night has fallen it’s time for sleep
Night has fallen it’s time for sleep

Well I got a pm from Markwo telling me he thinks his song Mayor of Sadtown is just me and i should cover it. Now I'm hoping he wasn't being pointed and nasty because that is me, especially the way I feel this week. So in the hope that it wasn't a nasty message, I looked through his terrific originals and found this one, which is equally me, but not hanging from a tree. Yet.

Wow. Thanks for doing this Pa! I am honored that you would do any of my songs. You are an inspiration to us all. I am a bit horrified that you thought that my message was meant to be nasty. (I wrote the song:)). I just thought your voice would have been good for it. Anyways, thanks for your fantastic version of this song. You've made my day!

Season 350. Submission 1. "Lover Boy" - An Elena Duff Original (Written and recorded by Elena Duff, 2017).

Randy, I'm thrilled to bring this song by Car Singer (Elena Duff) to your terrific Season. Her magnificent original:

https://youtu.be/ufl_RaT8oYI

Season 350. Submission 2. "Easy In My Skin" (A Turtledrum Original) (Copyright Linda Opyr, 2018)

Randy, thank you very much for hosting. Here is my new original for your Season.

Playing tenor guitar here:

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for doing this Pa! I am honored that you would do any of my songs. You are an inspiration to us all. I am a bit horrified that you thought that my message was meant to be nasty. (I wrote the song:)). I just thought your voice would have been good for it. Anyways, thanks for your fantastic version of this song. You've made my day!

Markwo you write great stuff and I sure miss your talent around here.
I especially enjoyed the songs you brought with your son!
Mayor of Sadtown is way to close to the bone for me.
It was a such a pleasure looking through your songs and covering this blues gem. You do the bluesy lead riffs so darn well.

Randy. This is a special week. Thank you!

When Randy announced this week's theme, I was half way through writing this song so it seems appropriate to bring it here. It's a rewrite of one I wrote for Jon's short song week. I've modified bits and added extra material but kept the general theme. I've also tried to find some suitable images from my photos and added lightning effect from stock footage I found on You Tube. You can find this kind of stock footage by searching for "green screen ..." (add whatever effect you want). Stick the word "free" in the search as some is paid for and there's plenty free available for download.

Thanks for hosting Randy. A terrific theme, that I hope we will be able to revisit again. Unfortunately it's been a hectic week, but I really wanted to get a song in and I am glad I was able to get this one done done in time. This is one of my favorite songs by Jon Duncan, with whom I am fortunate to be able collaborate with on a regular basis. I consider myself even more fortunate to call Jon a friend ~

Season 151, the second season I ever participated in. But I downloaded this video and copied the lyric sheet just in case. So I had a go at it. Another one by markwo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom