Season 350: Seasonista Originals

Randy, I hate that I'm unlikely to squeeze something in this week.

The Raleigh Uke Jam is celebrating its FIFTH ANNIVERSARY on Thursday, and we're planning a real wingding. Making that happen has taken up all my spare time. (Plus, we're having an open mic, so I've had to choose a song to play before the group.)

I may comment on some vids after the season ends.

No worries! Have fun and tell us all about it when you return!

"The Witnesses" a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow - arranged by pabrizzer

I wasn't sure I'd be able to get anything done in time for this Season, Randy. I had to use the first few days wrapping up SOTU 349, and then we had to leave for weekend travel. So, this comes to you from our hotel room in Richmond, Va at the UkeFest Virginia Festival.

This entry may not fully meet your Season's requirements however, because it is technically a collab, and the lyrics were not original.

pabrizzer set Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem, "The Witnesses" to music for Season 175 for Doug's theme about boats. He gave the chord progression info in his YT description, and it is basically a 3 chord song.

I put together a songchart for it soon after he did it for the Seasons, and I have wanted to cover it for a long time. Thanks for the opportunity to finally do so.

here is an original by Gina called Kid Sister.
She did this for the insect week which I hosted, and I was moved by it a lot.

Dear Joo,

Thanks for honoring me with this cover. The banjolele added that whimsical touch in which the spirit of the song was captured. I will treasure this and the beautiful memories it invokes. Thanks again.

Greetings,

What a week. This is fantastic and I only wish I had more time to record more beautiful originals from this talent pool.

Ciao

Midsomer Estate Agency

One of the first songs I heard on the seasons was Sparky's original song 'Midsomer Estate Agency'. I just love this song for both the clever and funny lyrics but also for the melody. So I started working on my cover and in the process I think I made it into a Britpop tune. Well I was young in the 90's and have been living in the UK for more than a decade and since it is about a (fictional) English village, I reckon it's ok... Hope you like it. So fun to work on. 3 ukuleles were 'killed' in the process. Cheers.

This will be my last song for this season. Been really enjoyable.

Link to sparky's original here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyR6JDrJZas&frags=pl%2Cwn

Last edited:
FIL is visiting Alan Thornton and him and the Throckmorton Ukulele band have recorded a song for this season. But Alan has been having problems accessing the Ukulele Underground site. So he asked me to post this for him. Here you go. I hope there are still people around on this Season to listen to this great song and performance.

Thanks Berni,
Hi Ho, dear Seasonistas.
UU finally let me in now.
Hope to catch up some soon.

Well this was fun! 98 amazing entries this Season!

I am continually astounded by the talent here in the Seasons.

Wrap-up soon!

What a week this has been for me, Randy - and I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling that way.

For the first time ever, I’ve heard my songs played by other people. In fact, not just by ‘other people’, but by people I’ve come to regard as friends, people I’ve quickly come to like and respect way beyond their considerable musical abilities. I’m flattered and honoured that they chose my songs to learn and play, and I’ve been moved to tears on more than one occasion by the amazing results.

And the opportunity also to cover songs by just some of the amazingly talented individuals on this forum was the icing on a very special Season 350 cake. Getting under the bonnet of these songs just made me appreciate them even more - I only wish I’d had the time to do more.

And, Randy, it has to be said that starting the seasonista originals playlist thread a few days before your season started was a stroke of pure genius - and I’m sure it will prove to be an ongoing treasure trove for many years to come.

So, in summary - thank you, Randy, and thank you everyone! You’re very special people!

What a week this has been for me, Randy - and I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling that way.

For the first time ever, I’ve heard my songs played by other people. In fact, not just by ‘other people’, but by people I’ve come to regard as friends, people I’ve quickly come to like and respect way beyond their considerable musical abilities. I’m flattered and honoured that they chose my songs to learn and play, and I’ve been moved to tears on more than one occasion by the amazing results.

And the opportunity also to cover songs by just some of the amazingly talented individuals on this forum was the icing on a very special Season 350 cake. Getting under the bonnet of these songs just made me appreciate them even more - I only wish I’d had the time to do more.

And, Randy, it has to be said that starting the seasonista originals playlist thread a few days before your season started was a stroke of pure genius - and I’m sure it will prove to be an ongoing treasure trove for many years to come.

So, in summary - thank you, Randy, and thank you everyone! You’re very special people!

^ What he said :D Couldn't have put it better.

And like Randy says up thread, there's no reason we can't continue doing covers of seasonista originals to fit future themes, so there's hope yet for the list of ones I wanted to cover but didn't have time/ability to do in a week :D

Sparky

Yasssssss....

I love this one!
Hugs to all involved.
Big boy skanking over here in Atlanta.

there's actually a 4-way member connection here:
a song written by Cheese, inspired by one of Joo's paintings of Russell, performed by me. :)
I love this theme so much Randy. I sorta feel like it should be a recurring one.
one thing I've found going back over all these fantastic original songs written by the folks' here
is that each person has such a unique style and voice, and so hard to replicate. and there to, is the beauty of covering music -
we listen to a song, we breath it in, take it to our hearts and breath out a new and different life.
really feel privileged to know y'all and be part of this place sometimes.
thanks for the reason, brother.

Oh no! Sorry about that! I'll get it on the Playlist ASAP!

What a terrific Season. Thank you all. Sparky, Rob & Hoo, PM me your addresses please!

Top Bottom