Season 350: Seasonista Originals

Of all the talented songwriters in this corner of the Web I think Sparky is my favourite. It's a shame we don't see more of her. She has this effortless delivery of a usually unique lyrical structure that's really striking. This is paired with subtle backing that gives the lyrics room to shine, and what lyrics they are. Always paint a picture, always striking.

Stumbled on this one of her' s last night and it's phenomenal.

(Hope you don't mind me playing this Sparky)

link to original

Last edited:
One Man and His Uke(John) submitted this original during my "Fall into Autumn" Season, and it grabbed me instantly, I loved it. Listening to it again a year later, it grabbed me instantly again. Just a great song, so I tried it, not sure I did it justice. I had fun attempting it though. There was a few words I couldn't quite make out, so I either got creative, or guessed. This was before I saw John's offer to provide lyrics and chords to anyone. It feels weird to ask though, even if the person being asked appreciates it.

What a great idea for a week.
This is one which Berni came up with earlier this year, and I printed the chords out as soon as I heard it, hoping to fit it in at some point this year. A key change later and here it is.

Here's one Berni plucked from his back catalogue for my Names season last Christmas and it's a belter.

This is a nice theme!

I dont know where to start, so I am open for requests. If someone wrote something they think would go well with my way of playing, please PM me with chords and link to a video :)

I am not very good at figuring out chords myself, could spend half the weeks just figuring out which chords are used in a song. So if I get nu suggestions I guess I should start PM'ing for chords, as many original songs don't have them listed.

Myself I would like to hear an electrified version of "Flowers for the Bees". https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=1Jw85ABLub0
It has chords in the video description, though the bar-changes has shifted a bit left due to the font.

This is a nice theme!

I dont know where to start, so I am open for requests. If someone wrote something they think would go well with my way of playing, please PM me with chords and link to a video :)

I am not very good at figuring out chords myself, could spend half the weeks just figuring out which chords are used in a song. So if I get nu suggestions I guess I should start PM'ing for chords, as many original songs don't have them listed.

Myself I would like to hear an electrified version of "Flowers for the Bees". https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=1Jw85ABLub0
It has chords in the video description, though the bar-changes has shifted a bit left due to the font.

I guess you mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jw85ABLub0

Hi, Randy! Having been completely flummoxed as to how to approach this, Rob's upload gave me the idea of trying a song by erstwhile Seasonista, Krabbers. I don't know whether this song might have been written to celebrate the foundation of the Ukulele Underground ... it comes from the same year.

I changed a couple of words because I added an extra chord. The rhythm of pabrizzer's lyrics perfectly fit "Wabash Cannonball," and I couldn't help slipping into that melody, except for the little bridge part, which is different.

Coincidentally, there is an old song recorded by Boxcar Willie titled "A Good Old Country Song" which uses the music from "Great Speckled Bird" (or "Wild Side of Life") except for a bridge part,which is different.

AlanDP has done a lot of songs I love(go figure), and here's one he submitted just the other day for Dennis' Halloween Season that grabbed me instantly, plus this saves me from having to research, which I detest even if it's good for me. This was my 2nd recorded take, so I didn't know this one too well yet, but I liked the feel, so I kept the take.

Time - a cover of Del Griff's original

Love this theme Randy!!

Here is a cover of Del Griff's original song 'Time'. If you head over to Del's youtube channel you can find not only the ukulele version but also a cool electro piano version. Mine is a semi electric uke version with a lengthened instrumental part. Had to include some drum box as well. The more I played this song, the more it got under my skin.

(Now you know why you suddenly had lots of extra views Del as it took me a little while to figure it out. Couldn't help but adding a couple of 7ths... Sorry, I love 7ths. Recorded in Cm as your original piano version)

Last edited:
Top Bottom