One Toke Over the Line (Brewer and Shipley)

Wonderful job, Pax !! And what a cute kid !! Looked like she was doing some "tapping" there toward the end !! Maybe a future "shredder"...?

For a moment there, I was sitting in the front seat of my folks Ford Country Squire station wagon (yeah, with the wood grain trim) listening to the local AM radio station. Thanks for the memory, John.

Bill

Great stuff John......Love the Harmonies, I think this song is another weed song, but not sure. The little girl at the end is beautiful.......I hope you are going to teach her your musical gifts!
Keep them coming,
Mike

Thanks for the nice comments, friends! I like choosing songs from memory lane that tickle memories, especially ones that for some reason haven't been covered much by other ukulele players. The little girl is my granddaughter Lulu. She often wants to "play" with some of my ukuleles (strumming and plucking and pretending to play), but so far has been resistant to learning any chords, but I'll keep at it. Doing an ukulele duet with her is on my bucket list, but we might be a few years away from that. Mike, yes, a definite doobie song, so it's pretty funny that the song was performed on the Lawrence Welk Show. They thought it was a kind of spiritual song with the references to Jesus and Mary!

Great song and rendition John, love it. Back in my teenage years I would have usually been one toke over the line while listening to that. Yes DownUpDave was more UP (high) than down back then.

I got the "To my Canadian Friends" reference as marijuana was just legalized across our country, very witty.

You caught me off guard here with yet another song I've never heard before John. I'm sure getting a musical education being a member of this site!
A great job as always buddy, and I very much enjoyed listening.
Young Lulu is beautiful and I'm sure one day you'll have her becoming a great entertainer - just like her grandpa is!!

Thanks, DownUpDave! I wasn't much of a toker, but my brother's girlfriend once served us marijuana brownies and I got quite a bit of a high eating them!

Thanks, Dave, especially for the nice words about my granddaughter. I'll try to encourage her to play the ukulele and hope someday we can do a duet! :)

Thanks, DownUpDave! I wasn't much of a toker, but my brother's girlfriend once served us marijuana brownies and I got quite a bit of a high eating them!

Thanks, Dave, especially for the nice words about my granddaughter. I'll try to encourage her to play the ukulele and hope someday we can do a duet! :)

Funny thing is Marijuana is now legal in Canada and I haven't smoked in decades.

That's great to hear! The ukulele is all I need to get high! :)

Well done John; looking forward to you doing a duet with your lovely grand daughter.

Thanks, luv2uke! I hope I can make it happen someday! :)

Top Bottom