Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: aNueNue Light Bird Tenor - exclusive to World Of Ukes - REVIEW

I just got my aNueNue Light Bird Tenor from World of Ukes this morning :-) and I'm very impressed.
    Neck width at the nut is 36mm and it comes with a slightly radiused fretboard.
    I can't put it down.
    String spacing is the the same as my Kanilea K1 tenor, so the distance to edge of the G and A string is limited (but not a problem).
    I came with 2.5 mm action at the 12.th fret( perfect for me). Binding looks like rosewood. The neck has satin/matte finish.
    BTW I can see that Anuenue has discontinued the cedar moonbird. That's a shame in my opinion.

P1040515.jpgIMG_2641.jpgP1040506.jpg
    Last edited by FinnP; 02-10-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Ohana TK-35G, Kanilea K1 DLX tenor, Kanilea K1 SF concert, Imua ICN, Famous FS-5, Luna (Kiwaya L400), Islander AC4, Flea concert, Anuenue Light Bird cedar tenor, Kala Rumbler FL, The Rebel Double Cheesecake

Enjoy it Finn - they have a terrific tone!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

That's a beaut! No doubt you'll enjoy it.
    _________

Loquax autem mutus es

1920s Martin Style 2
    Anuenue Moon Bird Tenor
    Kanile'a K1T
    Pono Tenor Pro Classic (Macassar and Cedar)
    1923 Gibson tenor trap door banjo (ukefied)
    1920s SS Stewart soprano banjolele ("University Model")
    Kiwaya KSU-1L (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS-35

In my opinion it’s the best bang for the buck tenor on the marked and it comes with the coolest cutaway design too
    I’m looking forward to to hear more about the concert version.
    Ohana TK-35G, Kanilea K1 DLX tenor, Kanilea K1 SF concert, Imua ICN, Famous FS-5, Luna (Kiwaya L400), Islander AC4, Flea concert, Anuenue Light Bird cedar tenor, Kala Rumbler FL, The Rebel Double Cheesecake

I noticed during a string change today that my Light Bird tenor has a slight radiused fretboard. I had read somewhere that they came with a flat board. Wondering if mine was in error, I checked with Matt at World of Ukes. Matt told me that they come standard with a slight radius.

Has there ever been any mention of a Light Bird soprano?
    Ukuleles:
    1960's Martin Style-0
    LoPrinzi Concert (Redwood & Mahogany)
    Fred Shields Style-0 Replica
    Kala Elite 1MHG-S
    Ohana SK-25S
    Kala Elite 1KOA-T << Letting this one go soon. PM if interested.

I think I'm the 3rd owner of this nice Light Bird! I bought it because I have a Moon Bird A/E that I play in my ukulele band and just love it. Comparing the 2, as you would expect the cedar is a warmer sound but what surprised me is the Light Bird has a louder voice, full, clean but not muddy. A welcome change to the Moon Bird and a host of nice Koa ukes. My Farallon A/E (which I also play on stage when the weather is iffy) has a low G on it so hard for exact comparison, but they both have a similar warm, full and loud sound. I may try out a low G on it and see if it can handle it and stay clean. Also love the slotted headstock on the Light Bird. Looking forward to using it next week leading the local Uke Jam here in Raleigh. Very nice uke!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiggie View Post
    I think I'm the 3rd owner of this nice Light Bird! I bought it because I have a Moon Bird A/E that I play in my ukulele band and just love it. Comparing the 2, as you would expect the cedar is a warmer sound but what surprised me is the Light Bird has a louder voice, full, clean but not muddy. A welcome change to the Moon Bird and a host of nice Koa ukes. My Farallon A/E (which I also play on stage when the weather is iffy) has a low G on it so hard for exact comparison, but they both have a similar warm, full and loud sound. I may try out a low G on it and see if it can handle it and stay clean. Also love the slotted headstock on the Light Bird. Looking forward to using it next week leading the local Uke Jam here in Raleigh. Very nice uke!
    Only confirming my suspicions about cedar...thanks for the review, Rick!
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Thread Information