aNueNue Light Bird Tenor - exclusive to World Of Ukes - REVIEW

I just got my aNueNue Light Bird Tenor from World of Ukes this morning :) and I'm very impressed.
Neck width at the nut is 36mm and it comes with a slightly radiused fretboard.
I can't put it down.
String spacing is the the same as my Kanilea K1 tenor, so the distance to edge of the G and A string is limited (but not a problem).
I came with 2.5 mm action at the 12.th fret( perfect for me). Binding looks like rosewood. The neck has satin/matte finish.
BTW I can see that Anuenue has discontinued the cedar moonbird. That's a shame in my opinion.

P1040515.jpgIMG_2641.jpgP1040506.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy it Finn - they have a terrific tone!

That's a beaut! No doubt you'll enjoy it.

In my opinion it’s the best bang for the buck tenor on the marked and it comes with the coolest cutaway design too :cool:
I’m looking forward to to hear more about the concert version.

I noticed during a string change today that my Light Bird tenor has a slight radiused fretboard. I had read somewhere that they came with a flat board. Wondering if mine was in error, I checked with Matt at World of Ukes. Matt told me that they come standard with a slight radius.

I think I'm the 3rd owner of this nice Light Bird! I bought it because I have a Moon Bird A/E that I play in my ukulele band and just love it. Comparing the 2, as you would expect the cedar is a warmer sound but what surprised me is the Light Bird has a louder voice, full, clean but not muddy. A welcome change to the Moon Bird and a host of nice Koa ukes. My Farallon A/E (which I also play on stage when the weather is iffy) has a low G on it so hard for exact comparison, but they both have a similar warm, full and loud sound. I may try out a low G on it and see if it can handle it and stay clean. Also love the slotted headstock on the Light Bird. Looking forward to using it next week leading the local Uke Jam here in Raleigh. Very nice uke!

I think I'm the 3rd owner of this nice Light Bird! I bought it because I have a Moon Bird A/E that I play in my ukulele band and just love it. Comparing the 2, as you would expect the cedar is a warmer sound but what surprised me is the Light Bird has a louder voice, full, clean but not muddy. A welcome change to the Moon Bird and a host of nice Koa ukes. My Farallon A/E (which I also play on stage when the weather is iffy) has a low G on it so hard for exact comparison, but they both have a similar warm, full and loud sound. I may try out a low G on it and see if it can handle it and stay clean. Also love the slotted headstock on the Light Bird. Looking forward to using it next week leading the local Uke Jam here in Raleigh. Very nice uke!

Only confirming my suspicions about cedar...thanks for the review, Rick!

Top Bottom