2019 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

mitchchang

Reaction score
I know it's early but with all the folks coming to the festival from out of state and even out of country, I wanted to make the 2019 date announcement as soon as possible.

CLUB NIGHT: SEPT 27, 2019, TORRANCE CULTURAL ARTS CENTER
An evening of merriment and fellowship and a fun chance for more people to get a chance to play with and for each other. Stay tuned for details on when and how to get your group signed up

FESTIVAL DAY: SEPT 28, 2019, TORRANCE CULTURAL ARTS CENTER
Artist lineup: Jim Beloff, Bryan Tolentino, Herb Ohta Jr, Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, Waikiki Escuela de Ukelele (from Peru) & more! As always, you get access to all the workshops you want to take as well as all the performances for one flat fee - and kids 12 & under are free

www.losangelesukulelefestival.com - be sure to sign up on the email list if you're not already a subscriber!

I am a fan of the line up you have, I can’t wait for this

Thanks Mitch. I had a great time this year. I'll definitely be back next year.

Bought my ticket! Yipee!

I wonder if I'll win a ukulele at the raffle this year . . . . . . ? hehe

It doesn't "sell out" per se because it's general admission as opposed to seats in a theatre but it is possible to reach a certain capacity which we have the last two years in a row so I'd recommend getting tickets sooner than later

So when you reach capacity, no more tickets are sold? Want to be there but maybe not able to finalize plans until the week before. If tickets sales stop, how far in advanced (week? month?)?

No telling when we would reach capacity, whether that's going to happen the day of the festival with walkups or a week in advance. I guess just stay tuned here or by subscribing to the email list if you haven't already.

Would love to have James Hill back, trust me, he's on the list. First, I wanted to bring some new folks that haven't been yet

Does anyone - who hasn't been to the festival yet - have any questions about anything? I'm revamping the website and will be adding an FAQ section

OK, festival website has finally been redone! Check it out and let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

Very nice. I like how fast the pages load.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Exciting development to share: Bakithi Kumalo will be joining us at this year's festival! Grammy award winning, legendary bass player with Paul Simon, named one of the top 100 bass players of all time!

FYI I know we are still 4 months out but advance ticket sales are 2x where they were this time last year so if you haven't purchased your tickets yet, I recommend doing so sooner than later, in case we have to close up early to maintain a comfortable capacity www.kalakoa.tix.com

Is there going to be more info on the schedule page about what workshops each instructor will be teaching?

Top Bottom