2019 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

Most of the pics on the page are clickable and also up at the top under "ukulele" there's a drop down menu of pages when you hover your mouse over it. Thanks for checking it out!

FESTIVAL UPDATE #1: Beatles Jam with Jim Beloff Friday night Sept 27, the night before the festival!
Join Jumpin' Jim for an hour of strumming through Beatles songs with periodic stops to extol the songwriting genius of the Liverpool lads and a bit of history behind each song (5:30pm-6:30pm). Then from 6:30-8:30pm it'll be open mic and an exclusive chance to mix and mingle with the festival artists in an intimate setting. $25 (food & drink not included). Tickets: www.kalakoa.tix.com

FESTIVAL UPDATE #2: Even more KILLER prizes you can win this year!
Just added: Kanilea and Islander ukuleles, Henriksen Bud amps, custom festival ukulele by Brothers Ukes and Cornerstone, a year's supply of Ernie Ball strings and so much more!

Get your tickets today! www.kalakoa.tix.com and check out the website at www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

Oh yeah, duh, I didn't mention the location (although it will show at the ticket link): Happa Restaurant 1641 W Redondo Beach Blvd
Gardena CA 90247 not far from the festival venue. So yes, there will be food and drink (alcoholic kind too, to build up your confidence for open mic) available for purchase

FESTIVAL UPDATES:
- only about 10 more spots left for Jim Beloff's Beatles Uke Jam! get your ticket before they're gone: www.kalakoa.tix.com
- there have been some updates to the schedule, click on the clipboard icon at the top of each page of the website to view
- Bernadette (aka Bernadette Teaches Music on Youtube) will be teaching a class for complete beginners, please tell your friends who are new to ukulele
- even more drawing prizes to be won! Kanilea, Islander, Koaloha, Nalu and more!
- those who want to get out and play more may be interested in the workshop "turn your ukulele into gigs and cash"
Tickets for the festival on sale at www.kalakoa.tix.com or 800-595-4849
~~~ONLY A MONTH AND A HALF AWAY~~~

Oh yeah, duh, I didn't mention the location (although it will show at the ticket link): Happa Restaurant 1641 W Redondo Beach Blvd
Gardena CA 90247 not far from the festival venue. So yes, there will be food and drink (alcoholic kind too, to build up your confidence for open mic) available for purchase

I'm going to be working nights during the Festival, but I should be able to get the Preview Night off.
We already have tickets.
Hapa Restaurant is very good, btw, the misoyaki butterfish is my favorite.

My coworker enjoyed the full bar with an excellent selection of scotch.

Up until yesterday, JIM BELOFF BEATLES JAM was sold out but someone had to cancel so there is 1 SPOT AVAILABLE www.kalakoa.tix.com

JIM BELOFF BEATLES JAM
Friday Sept 27
Happa Restaurant
1641 W Redondo Beach Blvd, Gardena CA

5:30pm-6:30pm
Jim leads us on a strum-along through Beatles songs with periodic stops to extol the songwriting genius of the Liverpool lads and a bit of history behind each song

6:30-8:30pm
Open mic, impromptu performances and an exclusive chance to mix and mingle with the festival artists in an intimate setting.
$25 (food & drink not included).

Mitch: It's my first LA Uke festival. Obviously bring a ukulele and tuner. Should I bring anything else? A chair? A music stand? A notebook? Pens? Is there something to download ahead of time? Will the workshop rooms have chairs?

Trying to plan a bit.

Cheers,
Rich

Hey Rich - no need to bring a chair but do bring a stand, notebook and pen. Haven't quite finalized if there will be workshop handouts yet but if there are 1) yes they will be downloadable in advance and 2) will still have a number printed out day of

Hey Rich - no need to bring a chair but do bring a stand, notebook and pen. Haven't quite finalized if there will be workshop handouts yet but if there are 1) yes they will be downloadable in advance and 2) will still have a number printed out day of

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Just signed up!

OK I just posted what I now believe is the final version of the day's schedule. Look for the clipboard icon at the top right of each page and click on that to view. I'm really excited about how things have worked out to bring you all a very full day and satisfying experience! www.losangelesukulelefestival.com and if you don't already have your tickets, what are you waiting for?? www.kalakoa.tix.com or 800-595-4849

Look for the clipboard icon at the top right of each page and click on that to view.
Your other right (left).

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Uploaded schedule V.8 to the website, click on the clipboard icon on the top left of the page to view. You will see on the far right side of the schedule "open mic" at the Ohana Ukuleles booth that will be in the Entry Plaza Marketplace area. First come, first served - everyone will get a chance to sign up for a specific time slot (5-minute increments). First time we're doing this so I have no idea how many people will participate but I have gotten a lot of questions about it.
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions! www.losangelesukulelefestival.com and please like our Facebook page, too, for more and frequent updates.

Hey everyone - great article that came out in the current Easy Reader (local South Bay beach cities weekly paper), check it out! https://easyreadernews.com/tales-of-the-magic-uke/ Great interview with Jim Beloff, this is part 1, part 2 comes out next week and features an interview with Bakithi Kumalo, so excited to have him in the festival this year! Don't miss his 2 presentations at the festival: "a conversation with Bakithi" and "celebrating the music of Paul Simon" which is for all levels.

Jim, Liz and I are heading out to Claremont Community School of Music Thursday night for a rehearsal with the string quartet who'll be performing Jim Beloff's ukulele concerto at the end of his set at the festival. If you're in the area, you are welcome to come hang out and watch the rehearsal, probably around 7pm.

FESTIVAL UPDATE #1: Beatles Jam with Jim Beloff Friday night Sept 27, the night before the festival!
Join Jumpin' Jim for an hour of strumming through Beatles songs with periodic stops to extol the songwriting genius of the Liverpool lads and a bit of history behind each song (5:30pm-6:30pm). Then from 6:30-8:30pm it'll be open mic and an exclusive chance to mix and mingle with the festival artists in an intimate setting. $25 (food & drink not included). Tickets: www.kalakoa.tix.com

FESTIVAL UPDATE #2: Even more KILLER prizes you can win this year!
Just added: Kanilea and Islander ukuleles, Henriksen Bud amps, custom festival ukulele by Brothers Ukes and Cornerstone, a year's supply of Ernie Ball strings and so much more!

Get your tickets today! www.kalakoa.tix.com and check out the website at www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

Mitch, are there downloadable tab charts for Jim's Beatles Jam?

Thanks

Top Bottom