NUD: aNueNue UT200E Moon Bird Tenor Ukulele

Camsuke

Reaction score
Life doesn't get much better than a New Ukulele Day, and I'd like to share mine with you all. Here's my new aNueNue UT200E Tenor Ukulele, it's the latest 2019 spec & is fitted with the awesome Air Air pickup system and has a new bridge design. Perfect right out of the box, the build quality is as good as I've seen, simply wonderful. It has a beautiful fast action, the intonation is spot on, the sound is amazing in either Low or high g, I even kept the original strings which aNueNue supply, they are Black Water fluorocarbon and they feel wonderful and sound great. The case is also really good quality, with 3 latches, lots of padding and the blue colour is really cool.

Attachments

• DSCN2039.jpg
    DSCN2039.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN2040.jpg
    DSCN2040.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN2038.jpg
    DSCN2038.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN2035.jpg
    DSCN2035.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN2044.jpg
    DSCN2044.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi Campbell,
Congrats on your new uke. Looks nice and sounds awesome. Nice playing as usual. Enjoy!

I'm drooling, Cam ... :)
That uke is just so luscious in every way!
Jan

Congratulations Campbell! Perfect match of instrument, song, and artist. Beautiful!

Sounds fantastic and beautifully played Campbell. You must be well pleased!
Mike

My favourite NUD because you actually play it!!:)

Uke sounds beautiful! you are the slowhand of uke :p

So beautiful, congrats!. Fantastic playing as well.

Beautiful ukulele & beautiful playing. Thanks.

I have a question regarding the neck on the aNueNue. Would you describe it as thick, medium, or thin? In comparison to others I've played......thick being Pono, medium being a KoAloha or Kanilea, and thin being a Loprinzi. I have heard the aNueNue described by others as thinner than Kanilea, but not as thin as Loprinzi. Would you call it a C shaped neck, as opposed to a flatter D shape???

Some mighty fine finger picking there Cam. Very nice instrument. I’m sure you’re thrilled.

Beautiful playing, and it sounds like a great ukulele. Maybe the concert version will have to go back on my "want" list. :)
Thanks for sharing your NUD.

Aloha Campbell, CONGRATS on finally receiving your new aNueNue Moon Bird UT200E!!!:cheers:

Didn't I tell you how wonderful these ukes sound? It's amazing that they are production ukes because they look and sound like a high end custom instrument with their own unique, lush, and fabulous tone. Superb playing skills again! Thank you for including your video demo!

You know that I'm a slothead guy ... and I was actually considering selling my aNueNue UT200E tenor because of the traditional headstock, but everytime I play it, it just sounds so lovely! It is in a class all it's own!!!

And how about the aNueNue Air Air Dual Pickup System??? Doesn't sound wonderful???

Yup! This is a keeper for me ... even though it doesn't have a slotted headstock!!!:shaka:

On a side note, aNueNue just came out with their more affordable model of this uke - the aNueNue UT140 Light Bird African Mahogany/Cedar slothead tenor. Baz did a review and here it is:

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2018/10/anuenue-ut140-light-bird-tenor-ukulele.html

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic, Campbell! Your rock-steady tempo and apparently effortless playing is always delightful to hear and makes every instrument sound special. Even so, this does sound great and that pickup is impressive.

On a side note, aNueNue just came out with their more affordable model of this uke - the aNueNue UT140 Light Bird tenor African Mahogany/Cedar slothead tenor. Baz did a review and here it is:

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2018/10/anuenue-ut140-light-bird-tenor-ukulele.html

Looks like there will be both concert and tenor sizes. UK prices from 649 (preorder price, later 699) for the concert size. Now I have to figure out how to translate that into US currency, and also find a cure for UAS. Maybe someone will stick one in my trick or treat bag? Guess not, since they're not out yet.

Congratulations Campbell! It is beautiful and sounds wonderful as well. Lovely playing! ! !

I've been intrigued by this company and by this specific model for some time. Thanks for taking the time to share with the forum!

Top Bottom