NUD: aNueNue UT200E Moon Bird Tenor Ukulele

I missed out on the Moon Bird concert last time HMS had them for sale. I was thinking about going with the Light Bird version from World of Ukes in the UK. I checked the HMS website this afternoon, and the Moon Bird concert was back. After listening to Camsuke's wonderful Moon Bird, how could I pass one up again. Order placed. I decided to stick with the MiSi pickup that I'm familiar with.

That's awesome news, congratulations! :D

In case anyone else is shopping. They have the Moon Bird concert with the aNueNue Air Air pickup, and Moon Bird tenors with & without the pickup.

HMS just reposted a few more aNueNue Moon Birds. The tenor with electronics sold already (sorry :nana:), as has the concert without electronics.

I have the koa version and it’s an amazing uke. Really want the spruce version! The moon spruce is more pale than regular spruce which is nice.

Oh boy, I was not expecting them to be restocked already. Time to convince the wife I need another uke...

Such a lovely instrument, and superb sound, Campbell!! Excellent playing, I always assume that with you. : ) I remember playing an aNueNue years ago, I'm sure it was a very different beast back then when they were just in starting up mode. Intriguing to see your comments and others about the quality of a production uke like this. I'd love to find some kind of comparison between this and a Romero Creations Replica Tenor, they're in same ballpark costwise I think. Thanks for sharing your notes and playing.

Such a lovely instrument, and superb sound, Campbell!! Excellent playing, I always assume that with you. : ) I remember playing an aNueNue years ago, I'm sure it was a very different beast back then when they were just in starting up mode. Intriguing to see your comments and others about the quality of a production uke like this. I'd love to find some kind of comparison between this and a Romero Creations Replica Tenor, they're in same ballpark costwise I think. Thanks for sharing your notes and playing.

Thanks Craig, yes, aNueNue have come a long way in a relatively short time, they are producing high quality instruments these days and the market response to the Moon Bird models has been extremely positive. I must also mention their strings, the Black Water strings that came on my Moon Bird are very nice quality, the tension & tone are right up there, they are produced for aNueNue in Japan (possibly by Worth?) http://www.anuenue-uke.com/en/products/one/73/219

I must also mention their strings, the Black Water strings that came on my Moon Bird are very nice quality, the tension & tone are right up there, they are produced for aNueNue in Japan (possibly by Worth?) http://www.anuenue-uke.com/en/products/one/73/219

I did wonder that - as I had trouble getting enough stock of the Black Water strings from aNueNue - I asked if I could get them from Worth - but they say they don't make them, although they are Japanese made.

HMS has the aNueNue Air Air pickups listed as an accessory for $229. So if the listed Moon Bird listed does not have a pickup, you can have one installed.

I didn't calculate the price difference of factory-installed to separate purchase & installed by HMS.

I have two tenors that had pickups installed when I bought them. Joel and his crew do a great job installing pickups.

It's interesting to see that Andrew has the acoustic models on offer rather than with the acoustic/electrics :D I wonder if supply is short & demand is high? :D There could also be a price rise on the way :D

I got the shipping notice on my Moon Bird concert yesterday. It should arrive in Utah on Tuesday. I bought the standard model and added a MiSi pickup. Not much price difference. I know that people are raving about the aNueNue Air Air pickup, but I have other ukes with the MiSi and like not having a battery to change.

It's interesting to see that Andrew has the acoustic models on offer rather than with the acoustic/electrics :D I wonder if supply is short & demand is high? :D There could also be a price rise on the way :D

They had both acoustic and acoustic/electric listed. I believe the acoustic/electric went the same day it was posted.

They had both acoustic and acoustic/electric listed. I believe the acoustic/electric went the same day it was posted.

Thanks Ken, I thought this may have been the case. The thing with the Moon Bird with the Air Air pickup is that it's the complete package, it's a well made, solid wood instrument with an awesome pickup system. I remember a similar situation back in the 80s, we were playing Martin guitars & then along came Takamine (Japan) with a Martin copy that had a pickup with a built-in preamp, it too, quickly became the go to stage guitar, simply because it was the complete package, it was never going to be a Martin but it was a reliable workhorse that got the job done & sounded great :D

I ordered a tenor acoustic electric about 10 days ago. It arrived to the office today, so I hope to pick up tomorrow. I'm thinking this will be my re-entrant tenor.

Top Bottom