Plastic Tuners?

Geez, folks bellyache about some tuners being too heavy, making ukes dive at the head. Now they'll complain these are too light, making the uke unbalanced the other way.

I was wrong about the size of the mounting plate, it will fit my Fluke. They sent me this schematic. I'm going to NAMM Sunday and will stop by their booth.

RatioUkeMeasurements.jpg

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video[/IMG]

Ordered one set, just yesterday.
From Tech Lab.
$50 inclued shipping charge ( little less $15 ) for France.
Delivery date not specified. Soon ...
Plan to make a light 18" tenor ...

I like the idea of these and am more than willing to instal a set when they become available. These seem to be designed for the thicker headstocks that many makers are using. I have some instruments where the Gotoh uptl are still too short.

gerardg and DanielHulbert,

Where exactly did you order them from? I can't find them online yet.

Thanks!

I have a cheaper laminate that I take to the beach a lot and the tuners are just holding on because of corrosion. I'm thinking another six months or a year and they are toast. I'm looking at these and I might give them a try.

I think I might file off the seam lines, tape off everything above the base plate, and tumble them with ground walnut shells to get a nice gloss. I'll ask G/T if that would work.

Send message at this adress :

sales@graphtech.com

Fedex claimed delivery next week for me.

Thanks, I contacted Graph Tech and got this response:
"Thanks for your interest in the Tune-a-lele tuners! We are taking a step back before sending them out to make sure they’re perfectly up to our standards! We will have new announcements soon!"

So there may be some tweaking going on at Graph Tech.

Houps ! ... hope set Fedex claimed coming to me beguining next week work fine ...

"Thanks for your interest in the Tune-a-lele tuners! We are taking a step back before sending them out to make sure they’re perfectly up to our standards! We will have new announcements soon!"

My guess is that Namm show feedback had to do with appearance, seams and dimples not how these function. Maybe they are looking at different mould or finish technique. What ever they do, I’m sure will be better. Namm is all about feedback. Hope it’s even better. I’m still going to buy a set!

When I was at NAMM I saw a little display case in the hall with the tuners. Since they were in the case I couldn't see them up close. I wanted to go to their booth to check em out but I think they were on the second floor. I stuck my head in there and it was not for me up there. Sounded like the Guitar Center on a bad day!!
:uhoh:

Good to know & bummer. I'd happily take a few cosmetically imperfect sets ASAP.

My guess is that Namm show feedback had to do with appearance, seams and dimples not how these function. Maybe they are looking at different mould or finish technique. What ever they do, I’m sure will be better. Namm is all about feedback. Hope it’s even better. I’m still going to buy a set!

My feedback to the guy in their booth was that we on UU were concerned about the finish and that the shafts are too long for a Fluke. He said others had mentioned the Fluke as well.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Top Bottom