Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 351 - Life Cycle

Default Brian Fergus "Welcome" (ukulele/synthesizer cover)

For the "Birth" subtheme for Season 351 of the ukulele, here's "Welcome" - an instrumental from the 1976 album by the German trio Harmonia and featuring Brian Eno.
    This is a video of a practice run for a live performance I'll be doing at the Seattle Sound Chapel on December 1, 2018.
    The piece is created by layering recorded loops, building a multitrack texture in "real time", using a computer and looping pedal.
    First an arpeggiated ostinato bass line is triggered from a small controller keyboard. Next are several layers of acoustic ukulele, followed by two passes of ukulele-triggered atmospheric synthesizer.

Quote Originally Posted by UkeFoote View Post
    maybe "loon" and "balloon" those are for the "going crazy" and "getting fat" eras of our life
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!! no hold on, i gotta stop laughing, 'cos that's been me, pretty much the past 10 years o_O
    lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Hope the sun shines for you, Geoff.
    It was a good day. Train journey long jam session. The weather held. Fish and Chips in Whitby then train back. Jam a bit less vigorous this time as we were getting tired.

Took some harmonicas as well and unfortunately a reed may have "blown out". It may just be a hair stuck in a reed - it's happened before, but I'm not hopeful.
    Last edited by Tootler; 11-04-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Default Birth

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Sunday: Birth

Here's a silly original, an excuse to pluck my banjolele!

Randy - Harry122

Ahoy people and glad to be back after a few weeks of having waaaay too much to do.
    I did the song Lightning Crashes by the band live. I was unsure of what to play so I googled songs +born +birth and found that song on one list - I have heard this song here and there for the past 20 years and I had never thought about the lyrics.
    Anyway, here is my submission for 'birth'

This was the first song that came to mind for today, and I didn't notice until I was posting it that hendulele had already done it too. Let's see some more versions!

Hi, Keith! I skipped being born - boring! - and put freckles on my freckles to become a child. The splendid pink hat is courtesy of Gina ... thank you so much, Gina!

Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

I was 10 when this was released by Johnny Mathis - some might say it’s a bit cheesy - but I loved it then and I still do.

This is an XTC song. I made the mistake on my first take of trying to sing the verse in the same octave as Andy Partridge, and blew my voice out. I managed to get one shortened take while singing the verse lower.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Thread Information