Season 351 - Life Cycle

Here's a Webb Pierce song I've done a few times before, and it always seems to get a good response. A few people on UAS Anonymous learned this song after hearing me do it. I liked the look of the reflection of the sun coming in as I recorded this.

an original poem for day 2: "Child" theme.
in the winter of 2014 I was admitted into a psychiatric hospital.
i spent 3+ months there and underwent a number of treatments etc, including 13 rounds of ECT.
thought it was a pretty good time to start writing stuff down. some folks call it poetry.
i ended up writing a full volume, and this was the first one from ink to paper.

Hands up all those who need mercy and grace?

In my weakness
I find that your strength knows no bounds
And in my loneliness
I find that the everlasting arms surround me
And even with this fragile heart
I find a place to rest here,
Safe where you are…

And I am falling into grace again
And I am running where mercy never ends
Lord I’m learning
That your love can cover me
You are teaching me
What a child is meant to be

Last edited:
This song is the B-side of Zager and Evans' only hit, "In The Year 2525." #harrytheobscure

Hugs from a long way off, little brother.
Here's to hard-won contentment.

an original poem for day 2: "Child" theme.
in the winter of 2014 I was admitted into a psychiatric hospital.
i spent 3+ months there and underwent a number of treatments etc, including 13 rounds of ECT.
thought it was a pretty good time to start writing stuff down. some folks call it poetry.
i ended up writing a full volume, and this was the first one from ink to paper.

It was a good day. Train journey long jam session. The weather held. Fish and Chips in Whitby then train back. Jam a bit less vigorous this time as we were getting tired.

Took some harmonicas as well and unfortunately a reed may have "blown out". It may just be a hair stuck in a reed - it's happened before, but I'm not hopeful.

Opened up my harmonica and it was OK. Probably had a bit of muck in the reed gap.

interesting timing for this theme in my life. Saturday I lost a beloved pet! Since then, i've been very introspective about life and how fleeting it is. I've also recently dealt with serious health issues. I'm reminded to, cherish the things I have been blessed with. . . This community and music are certainly among those blessings . . .

Last edited:
I couldn't find a song about childhood that I wanted to cover, so I just dashed this one off real quick last night.

When I was a kid
No one worried about what I did
Like when I would climb on the roof
To throw down my parachute man
And then I'd jump right off to save time
And never cared how I'd land

When I was a kid
No one knew all the things I did
Like when I'd climb the chinaberry tree
And jump down into a box
It was easier to climb without shoes
So I just wore my socks

Seems like I jumped off a lot of things when I was a kid

When I was a kid
No one thought about what I did
Like when I would wander the woods
With no one around to see
Looking for adventure just my
Old hound dog and me

When I was a kid
No one worried about how I did
Like when the school bus dropped me off
And I walked home all alone
And I learned how to jimmie the window
'Cause no one else was home

When I was a kid
No one saw all the things I did
Like when I climbed up a pine tree
Doing chin-ups from bough to bough
And I sat there up as high as I could
Just to listen to the cold wind blow
Through the tree

When I saw that we got to do a song about being a kid I was stoked. This happens to be my favorite. Nod to the great Joe Stummer

Here's a Johnny Cash song I did during Keith's "Men in black" Season, so I tried it again now.

Childhood

I've been debating this one over night as to whether this fits the theme or not, & have decided that it doesn't, as it has no actual uke playing in it, so I won't add it to the play list.

Thanks for recording & posting it, but I think you will come to agree with me, that it is more suited to the Island of Misfits than the Seasons of the Ukulele.

I hope I don't offend you with my decision. :)

"When they reach their teens, that's when they all get mean..."

Top Bottom