Season 351 - Life Cycle

This Replacements song rang true to me when I was a teen.

Wish me luck making time to get songs together for the next few parts of the cycle---my life cycle includes a complicated schedule lately :\

Teenage Tuesday

Heres one for the Tuesday teens.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the forum today? I've tried to get here all morning and finally, luck was with me.

No problem at all!

I've been debating this one over night as to whether this fits the theme or not, & have decided that it doesn't, as it has no actual uke playing in it, so I won't add it to the play list.

Thanks for recording & posting it, but I think you will come to agree with me, that it is more suited to the Island of Misfits than the Seasons of the Ukulele.

I hope I don't offend you with my decision. :)

Sorry for causing any consternation. When I’m here it’s just for fun. As of this moment it has taken both you and me more time to discuss than it did to go from conception to posting.

Really nice to meet you. Thanks for the season!

One of the few songs about a teenage girl that is not too creepy, since the narrator also specifies that it is a distant memory from when he was also 16 himself.
Looking back with the infinite wisdom of a 17-year-old. He he.

Because You're Young

Because, if you can't ingest questionable substances when you're a teenager, then what's the point?

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the forum today? I've tried to get here all morning and finally, luck was with me.
i've had a shed load of trouble, on and off, for the past couple of weeks, most of my (few) posts in randy's recent season were short to the point of brusqueness, i was sometimes able to post a vid link, but the minute i tried typing any chit chat, the forum said i was a spammer and wouldn't let me post! i know i only ever type piffle, but still.......................! i think the techie people here were fighting real spammers and catching some regular peeps in crossfire. things have been lots better for me the past few days, i've been able to post normally

Season 351. Submission 1. "Make You Feel My Love" (Written by Bob Dylan, 1997)

Keith, because it's already Wednesday across the pond, I'm bringing a song for your Courtship Wednesday.

Thank you very much for hosting and your fab theme. And I hope you won't be far from the Seasons in days to come.

Hopefully I can manage something this week. In Barcelona these days and did something very scary tonight. Took my little electric ukulele to a full blown blues jam. A lot of top players there; guitarists, piano players etc. And then me with the ukulele. Playing electric blues. First time I played the uke in public. Was quite nervous but it was fun. The singing went down well and the uke playing was... ok. Well it was a first. Second time will be better and third time better again. Would never have done it without playing here first over the last few months. Cheers.

an original song for the season.
on the theme of adolescence.

ALONE

There's a chink in the armour
There's a tear in the sail
Which one of these will let us down first
The hammer or the nail?

There's a crack in the mirror
Too many hair's out of place
It won't tell us the story
Any of us really want to face

If we live through these long years
Of glossy lipstick and chrome
And if I pass you on the highway
You know we're better off alone

Fumbling hands and fingers
There's a party on somewhere
Try hard to look your best
All your friends are gonna be there

Somehow make it to morning
Squint out at the light
Don't regret what you said or what you did
You might have a lifetime to get it right

And if we live through these long years
And if I pass you on the highway
You know we're better off alone

All these eyes that feed us
Scraps our friends gave way
You can forget what your mother said really
She's probably still gonna love you anyway

Stick the key in the ignition
Lead foot to the floor
They say it's good to be young
But none of us really know what for

And I will ride through these long years
And I will pass you on the highway
Cause you know we're all better off alone

A 1960 rockabilly hit for Johnny Burnette. Ringo Starr covered it in 1973.

We had to endure Allhaville...you have to endure Alphaville.
Melissa has some really deep emotional scarring because of this song, which was played at EVERY school dance

Leading a selective life here, owing to time restrictions, so I've by-passed adolescence and gone straight on to courtship. Apologies for the picture quality here (low light levels as it was raining), but had to get this done yesterday as I'm going to the Garage today to get the snow tyres put on the car and visits to the Garage can be rather lengthy!

This song is a bit of a hold over from last week, it's a rare original of mine that I wrote during Randy's "Oscars" Season. I was going to play this mostly on mandolin, as I wanted to practice playing mandolin in the key of B, but couldn't get it quite how I wanted it in the limited time I had. Then I remembered Keith's love of banjo uke, and did it one take on my Firefly....lol

Top Bottom