Season 351 - Life Cycle

I know you're married

A view from the other side of the fence. With promises there always come temptations...

"Love and Marriage" (1955) by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen. Linda L. has posted a wonderful version of this song already, but here is my instrumental cover. Tabs (again!) by R.J. Putter

Hopefully I can manage something this week. In Barcelona these days and did something very scary tonight. Took my little electric ukulele to a full blown blues jam. A lot of top players there; guitarists, piano players etc. And then me with the ukulele. Playing electric blues. First time I played the uke in public. Was quite nervous but it was fun. The singing went down well and the uke playing was... ok. Well it was a first. Second time will be better and third time better again. Would never have done it without playing here first over the last few months. Cheers.

Mate you're a fantastic blues player, I'm betting you smashed it

Marriage. A 1914 hit for Collins & Harlan. Covered zillions of times.
Drum loop, banjolele, concert uke, voice, and chimp.

Friday: Breakup (I used the opening two lines of this song as the closing two lines of my wee-original
so I thought it would be appropriate to give this old toon a croon)
This is an old Ink Spots 1964/ Mills brothers 1944 song, but was sung by Ryan Gosling in the movie Blue Valentine.
He also played the Uke and did a sort of Tiny Tim tremolo vocal. The Uke breaking into
mainstream movies whatever next?

This is a traditional song about a wedding that wasn't the one the narrator wanted. Video is of part of Middlesbrough.

lost count of what day we're at Keith.
one for the breakups list.
just cause I know we all needed some Beyoncé now.
are we there yet?

Sneaking this one under the line as it's still Day 5 in Hawaii (just!); but in any case it's on the cusp of marriage and breakup. When marriage turns out not to be all that it's cracked up to be.

Pleased to say I appear to be in at least the 2nd trimester here :eek:

Here's a Jimmy C. Newman song from the late 50's when he was flirting with pop/rock-n-roll. I've been wanting to try this one for awhile, in part because I wanted to see if I could pull off a reasonable facsimile of the intro and solo

One of those songs where I wish I could play slide. I can't so I made up some wholly inappropriate little fills to break up the monotony of straight eighth note picking. A short version, no key change middle and outro.

Top Bottom