Season 351 - Life Cycle

If he's unfaithful, just shrug your shoulders, walk away and get on with life. Steeleye Span did this song but they added a chorus from another song and used that song's tune & title. You may remember it as "All Around my Hat"

I'll see you in my dreams

"Someone took you out of my arms/Still I feel the thrill of your charms."

2nd song I thought of. First, of course, was D.I.V.O.R.C.E, but I've done enough comedy country over the last couple of days. Vocals could use some work. If I'd been able, I'd have tackled this in a much lower key than F :eek:, but I know the chords in F off by heart.

Greetings,

Breakup day - one of my favorites. No time today so I grabbed my iPhone for this one. Angel of the Morning.

Ciao

Breakups - the subject of so many wonderful songs. I had it in my mind to do this one since the start of the week - only to find that Val got in with her lovely bouzouki-uki version earlier this morning. But hey - you can’t have too much of a good thing - so here’s my effort:

Breakups

And here’s a song I wrote for Ylle’s ‘3’ season (333) a few months back - I think it was the first song I wrote with/for uke. Jon did a wonderful cover of this one last week, full of drive and energy - but I’ve taken it back to something nearer the original here:

I didn't have much time tonight, so I went for something easy. I had to stand outside in the cold wind for about an hour, and maybe that's why I was losing it a little on the low notes. This one is by the inimitable Faron Young, who I vainly tried to imitate anyway.

I thought I'd try to get in one more before bedtime. I've practiced this one before, so it wasn't entirely new to me, but I had to refresh myself on some pronuciation. Butchering some Cajun French again. English translation in the video.

This is an original I actually started to write earlier in the year shortly before I went for a major operation, which comes with a certain degree of risk and so I was contemplating my mortality :D. It was supposed to have been written and completed before I went for my op, and most of it was......
Anyway, I (obviously) survived the op so here’s the song. Recorded on GarageBand. There’s a concert uke and baritone uke recorded via a mic, plus another baritone track recorded directly. I was working on a stop motion animation to go with this but only got it half done, so the images are just of patterns in nature.

Through this one together quickly trying to beat the deadline. It's still Friday in Hawaii I think. Loved this song from the very first time I heard it. Seemed like a perfect chance to break out the Kiku and Risa~

My new favorite collaboration with my brother Jon from across the pond ~
Have enjoyed watching videos and bringing a few as well. Thanks for hosting Keith! ! !

Yes friends, I too must get in one more divorce song before the Hawaiian divorce deadline.
It was in fact this very week, on Monday afternoon, that I was handed papers to sign that would finalize my own divorce with my wife, Dorothee, who wanted to end our marriage after more than twenty years. This song (by Mr. Robyn Hitchcock) is in dedication to her because I played it once a couple of years ago in her presence and I remember that she sort of liked it.
It is a little vessel to contain some memories and feelings I still have for her, I guess.

Here's a John Price song I've always gotten a kick out of, but never tried. Did this in one take just for you Keith....... Honest!

SUPER SATURDAY DEATH RITUAL
ANOTHER SONG ABOUT DEATH BY ROBYN HITCHCOCK

Top Bottom