UU shirts in public?

Harold O.

Reaction score
I got my UU shirts late last week and wore one to the Topanga Banjo & Fiddle Contest (where I was a vendor) on Sunday. A lot of people asked about it. :D

I've been wearing my black one while running errands today and can't get out the door without someone asking about ukuleles (YOU play ukulele?), the Underground (is that the name of your band?), or telling me their life story (I used to play when I was little). :eek:ld:

The goal is to spread some uke love, but jeez.

Here's a show shot. That's a harmonica stand in the foreground and a music stand in the back (woodworker don'tcha know). I used to write books. Last year it was 105 degrees. This year was ten degrees cooler. :cool:

picture.php

I don't have a UU shirt (yet), but if I did, I'd certainly wear it in public. Maybe I'd finally meet another uke player....;)

I rock mine all the time! I love being stopped.

I wear my UU shirt all the time just need to buy more so that I have one to wear while the other one is in the wash. Aldrine's CD is great also.

I actually wore my UU shirt to work, and since I work at Subway, EVERYBODY was askin about it. It was allota fun and i think I got a few people on it too. :D

I get a lot of people asking me about the uke whenever I where mine. They usually ask if I play despite the fact that I'm usually wearing a uke around my shoulder.

I don't own any but all this talk of wearing them out and being stopped with questions about the ukulele sounds intriguing. Off the the online UU shop to browse!

I don't see the stickers in the store. I put one on the case of a new Kamoa concert that I picked up on vacation. I got stopped a couple times by people who wanted to know where to buy a professional ukulele like mine.....Well OK I can play two tunes on it so far. Really was fun.

I rarely wear the one deach gave me, too tight across the chest. I gotta take it easy on the bench press.

Just ordered me a couple of UU shirts. I will certainly wear them in public, even to work.
Spread the word, convert the masses :shaka:

If I had one I would wear it all the time, everywere ;)
But the little money I have, sadly have to be used on other essential things... :(

i have...

a green one (as most of you know)
a brown one
a black one

i had to get more than one because my gf would not let me have it on for more than 3 days in a row...

i just need about 4 more.. and i am set.. i wish they had that old style brown with the white ukulele and the red underground..

i should post some pics here.. but i will so get deached..

d

I wear mine when ever ever possible. Wore it on the Aloha Festival this weekend and got stopped a few times by peps wanting to know what its about. Same thing with Harold, 1st thing someone said was Ooohh is that an ukulele band? Then I explain to them about our great community here. Only have a black one but I think its time to get a few more.

Also sportin a UU sticker on my car now too...

I rotate my t-shirts between my UU shirt and my Kanile'a "Got Ukulele?" T. I need to order another UU shirt, if just to hopefully get a sticker - I really want a UU sticker and didn't get one with my shirt... :( I'd also love a Kelly Green UU shirt...but they're not available in extra massive...

I was wearing mine when I met Jake and he said "Hey, Ukulele Underground. I didn't know the shirts came in green." It made me smile.

Top Bottom