Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

Just bumping this thread for those who may have missed it. I'm looking forward to having some fun with this.

Young Mike and Young Dave....I am not surprised you guys are Beatles fans. They sure made your country proud.
I have a question for Mike : is this for instrumental or singing ...even talking since there is no rule?

Young Mike and Young Dave....I am not surprised you guys are Beatles fans. They sure made your country proud.
I have a question for Mike : is this for instrumental or singing ...even talking since there is no rule?

He said 'no rules' young Brenda, so I suppose whatever goes! Now where is my kazoo...??

Pulled out my portable video studio to prep for this; 2 Canon Vixia HF R400 HD cameras, 2 Patriot 32 GB EP Pro SDHD cards, 2 Canon XL batteries, 2 Sony ECM-MS908C stereo shotgun mics, 2 Azden WE-Pro 2 channel wireless systems, an Azden CA-3 three channel mixer, wide angle lens adapter, tripod with 2 mount brackets.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Pulled out my portable video studio to prep for this; 2 Canon Vixia HF R400 HD cameras, 2 Patriot 32 GB EP Pro SDHD cards, 2 Canon XL batteries, 2 Sony ECM-MS908C stereo shotgun mics, 2 Azden WE-Pro 2 channel wireless systems, an Azden CA-3 three channel mixer, wide angle lens adapter, tripod with 2 mount brackets.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

Wow Mike. I have an iPad. Period! lol

Gulp.....!

Wow Mike. I have an iPad. Period! lol
Gulp.....!
I know! I have one ukulele and a laptop - I'm sunk!
Haha! So many different ways...X
It's because there are about 40 of us in a large multipurpose room at the Vet Center and Cali Rose, our leader, is up front, I want to be sure I have everyone covered, and I'm playing bass uke too. The two cameras allow me to cut between them. I edit on a MacBook Pro 17" plus a Dell 19" second monitor and Final Cut Pro X in multi-cam mode. (I'm retired, no wife or kids, so I can afford some toys.)

It's because there are about 40 of us in a large multipurpose room at the Vet Center and Cali Rose, our leader, is up front, I want to be sure I have everyone covered, and I'm playing bass uke too. The two cameras allow me to cut between them. I edit on a MacBook Pro 17" plus a Dell 19" second monitor and Final Cut Pro X in multi-cam mode. (I'm retired, no wife or kids, so I can afford some toys.)

Looking forward to seeing this Kohanmike. I like the way you are setting this up!
Mike

I'm so challenged when it comes to technology that I just had myself laughing out loud when I thought I had actually managed to figure something out - but nope, didn't work at all.
I think you'll all be spared hearing me, unless I find a 5 year old to show me what to do.

I am very much looking forward to getting to hear all of you, though!

I'm so challenged when it comes to technology that I just had myself laughing out loud when I thought I had actually managed to figure something out - but nope, didn't work at all.
I think you'll all be spared hearing me, unless I find a 5 year old to show me what to do.

I am very much looking forward to getting to hear all of you, though!

:-( That's a shame mate.

Joyful uke

We should always record our playing. That’s the only way to hear mistakes and know where to improve.

I am with Joyful Uke..........got two tin cans and a length of string. Don't think the string is long enough though:wallbash:

Joyful uke

We should always record our playing. That’s the only way to hear mistakes and know where to improve.

I can hear plenty of mistakes as it is. :)

So far, I've gone with the thought that if I've only got a short period of time to play, I don't want to spend it figuring out technology instead of playing. Expendable money has gone to ukuleles, and not technology. But, maybe at some point in the future, I'll get the technology end sorted out, too. I do acknowledge the benefits in recording our playing for feedback on what we're doing, but I also know when I get home from work today, I'll just want to relax and have fun.

I am going to have lots of fun listening to everyone else's recordings, and have to look forward to, too. :)

Joyful Uke.....I'm not very tech savvy either. I got my first smartphone last fall & my desktop Mac is ten years old. After a bunch of futzing around, I finally figured out how to record on the phone & post it to YouTube. Thank goodness my old iMovie program still works ok, so that I can crop out my face & leave my uke in the picture. I don't think I'll record myself very often, but I may invest in a better mic.

PS - Several people had recommended the Shure MV88 mic in another thread. I had seen it on Amazon for $129. I just looked and it was on sale on Amazon for $99. Order placed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom