Thread: San Jose, CA Uke Jam

Default San Jose, CA Uke Jam

Hello,

My name is Marc Gancayco, I live in San Jose CA, and I'm looking for other people in my area who would like to jam on a weekly basis. I am a beginner/intermediate player who will play just about anything but has a fondness for pop, swing, and blues. I'd love to learn more hawaiian music in particular.

Best,

Marc

Welcome Marc. Kinda new to it here too, and a SJ expat. Sure to be folks in http://sanjoseukeclub.org/ to get together with.
    Last edited by Cubeistan; 11-07-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    --
    Ron

What part of San Jose and what kind of music? I'm in Santa Clara on the western edge of San Jose and getting to the other side anywhere near the rush hour is major pain.

-- Gary

Check the Events and Calendar Page at the San Jose Ukulele Club website. The calendar has links to the uke groups for more info. Most uke clubs meet only once a month. The San Jose club meets twice a month and also holds a jam the Sunday following a meeting. Uke groups try to pick a day to hold their meetings/jams so they don't conflict with each other. If you don't mind getting up early and driving Hwy 17 into Santa Cruz, the group called Sons of the Beach meet every Saturday. If you want to drive further, the Monterey group meets every Sunday.
    Gillian
    ~KoAloha longneck soprano (KSM-02)
    ~Kamaka Longneck Concert(HF2-LK)
    ~Compass Rose custom tenor
    ~Compass Rose custom microjumbo tenor
    ~Blackbird BTU tenor

~Ohana OBU-22 fretless bass ukulele

My YouTube channel

Thread Information