Ever heard of Ron Yasuda?

karlgeist

Reaction score
So I stumbled upon a Soprano ukulele that was supposedly made by Ron Yasuda(supposedly a luthier that worked in kamaka in the 70's) and the person selling it was promoting it as a fine deluxe Koa ukulele. The wood grain on top does look like Koa however I had never heard of such luthier and once I started looking for information on Google I realized there is not much to say about him.

Has anyone heard of him and whether the ukulele is worth buying? How much would a Soprano would go to? It is hard to date the ukulele, i have no idea when he started and stopped building them. At least on internet there aren't many of them around.

Thank you so much for your help!

Thanks mate, I did do a research but my problem is that what I found is limited. I haven't seen comments or reviews about his ukuleles

Yes. I had one of his all-koa soprano ukes and it was really nice. From the Artisan Guitars' website:

[FONT=&quot]Ron Yasuda is a Hawaiian Luthier who got his start making ukuleles for Kamaka. He was a builder for Kamaka from 1958 to 1977, during their "gold label" years. He learned the skill as one of Kamaka's hearing impaired workforce. Upon retirement he began making ukuleles on his own. Mr. Yasuda is hard of hearing, yet his experience as a craftsman shines through in his work. His ukuleles are of top quality in both wood grain and sound. The high quality of his instruments has earned him a reputation with players from pro to amateur, from local to the world over.[/FONT]

Top Bottom