Flight vs Martin sopranos

Ukecaster

Reaction score
OK, just a quick comparison of a brand new Flight TUS35 and a vintage 40s Martin Style 0. A David vs. Goliath scenario, it would seem. The $23.00 Flight held its own, IMO. The Flight has a nice lively sound, it really rings, is loud and easy to play. Humidifiers? It don't need no stinkin' humidifiers! ;) The Martin has more bass and mids, and a more complex, rich sound, but the $23.00 Flight uke ain't no slouch, for sure! Both have Martin M600 strings.

Thanks for doing these comparison videos, they are fun!
Gryphon Strings carries quite a few flight ukes and I have always felt after trying them that they were amazing, specially considering their price.

Thanks for that. That's been my experience, too. The difference in sound - why you play a ukulele - very often isn't that great between a cheapie and a classic. It's the same with most things. Compare a $5,000 camera with a $300 camera, or almost anything else, and the differences will be noticeable, but subtle. I don't have dozens of ukes because each one sounds better than the other. As far as I'm concerned, they all sound like ukuleles, but they all look markedly different.

Top Bottom