Blacklisted

for the last few days, an odd phenomenon has been happening to me. When I first try to access ukuleleunderground, I get a message page. Then the screen goes blank. Maybe the message says I'm blacklisted, but it happens so quickly that I can't read the message before it goes blank. However, if I try accessing the forum a second time, it works for me. This happens every time I turn my computer on.

I was blacklisted all day yesterday, but I'm glad I'm back. When I tried to post anything, I got, "Forbidden. Blacklisted," in red.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

I got the same thing yesterday as well Jerry. Seems fine today, I guess we were found innocent :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

same here... I was wondering if I'd inadvertantly broken some rule :rolleyes:

I was blacklisted all day yesterday, but I'm glad I'm back. When I tried to post anything, I got, "Forbidden. Blacklisted," in red.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

How did you get back on? Did you give them names?

Same with me.

Yup, I spent most of yesterday unable to post or reply. Got the dreaded "blacklisted" error message too. I sent a pm to the administrators but haven't got a reply as to why or what happened. When I worked in IT we used to tighten security down until enough people complained. Then back off a little.

Jerry, you have personally bought 85% of the world’s supply of ukuleles, and naturally you are blacklisted.

I was thinking he'd beat us to some other ukuleles unless we keep him busy here on UU. We don't want him blacklisted.

Maybe it's all being caused by mischievous internet faeries?

A month or so back I had issues logging on to the forum. I would type in my password and get a message saying the password was incorrect. I would have to type in the exact same password a second time and everything would be fine.
I forgot all about it until the OP mentioned their issue.

For about 3 weeks it would not let me reply or start any threads, it would tell me there was a “fatal error” something or other. It was annoying, now I just need to re log in every five minutes as it kicks me out. It’s just a good timer I guess... it kicks me out it’s time do get back to what I was doing ��

I got the same message. Usually I could pafter waiting a few minutes. Then on Friday I tried to post a reply for a thread I got the Blacklisted notice. About 5 minutes later I got the Blacklisted message plus that I tried to post too soon! A half hour later I received that same message. Eventually, I tried to access the Forum and I got an error message saying the server was down.

Hi all.

Apologies for the 'blacklist' issues. These seem to be a side effect of the measures we have to have installed to keep spam at a level that the mods can nuke manually. Without them the place would just fill right up with posts by spambots posting movie links and credit card details for sale. Some of you have been collateral damage from time to time.

Ryan is aware and has been looking into it.

If you do encounter problems posting please check your post to see if it contains anything that could trip a spam filter. Look at the words, links etc.

Lastly (and not necessarily directly related), please check your bookmarks or links that you use to get to the forum. If they begin with http instead of https, please change them to https.

Thanks and sorry again for the inconvenience cause by the 'blacklist' thing. If it keeps happening, feel free to send me a PM so I know it's still an issue.

Top Bottom