Season 352 - Honesty & Lies

Here's a "Whispering" Bill Anderson song from 1977 that was a real favorite of mine back then, when I was 13. I'd listen to the AM country radio station a lot, which some people thought I was nuts for doing, and this was a song I was always hoping would be played next. Fun to finally try it now. I did struggle with how many fill notes to throw in, there's a lot of cool fills in this song, but, it's hard to put them in without losing the groove of the strumming, and the vocals.

Hello, Jim ... thanks for the week! Herewith, a song about a cheating husband, which, I think, fits into the "lies" category. Must apologise, I didn't realise until I started trying to sing that I am losing my voice!

For Season 352 of the Ukulele we're playing songs featuring the theme of "Lies and Honesty". Here's an Al Green tune, "Truth 'n' Time", played on tenor ukulele with singing, and overdubs of ubass, secondary vocal, and whistling.

I’m going to be undergoing hip replacement surgery on Wednesday. Thankfully they will be replacing my awful, arthritic joint with a titanium and ceramic doohickey that will (I hope) let me ditch the crazy pain I’ve been living with for five years. I guess after my surgery I’ll be an “Artificial Hipster” (but then again I already was, eh?).

Grrrrrrllllll....

Sooooo, long since I've heard you and my other dear ones here BEV and new ones near and dear, too.

This was, natch, spiffing. So long since I've listened to this record. Thanks for bringing it back around.

i stole

and i lied

why?

because you asked me to

i know, i know

it's pretty effing serious!

For Season 352 of the Ukulele we're playing songs featuring the theme of "Lies and Honesty". Here's an Al Green tune, "Truth 'n' Time", played on tenor ukulele with singing, and overdubs of ubass, secondary vocal, and whistling.

I’m going to be undergoing hip replacement surgery on Wednesday. Thankfully they will be replacing my awful, arthritic joint with a titanium and ceramic doohickey that will (I hope) let me ditch the crazy pain I’ve been living with for five years. I guess after my surgery I’ll be an “Artificial Hipster” (but then again I already was, eh?).

Heal quickly my Seasonista brother! Nice song for the Seasons. So darned professional!

thank you alan! so good to have you back around! and yeah - gotta love the smiths!!!! even if they are one of those bands that are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to bring on uke!!!! that song really takes me back

I have commented on all the videos posted so far. I'm just commenting on YouTube now, and not putting a copy of all the comments here on UU like I used to.

It's been a few weeks... that's the Ugly Truth my friends

an original song for the season.

CAIN

Woke up in a cold, cold sweat
Somebody tell me is it morning time yet?
I'm not ready for the starting blast;
I already know the ending

Toss and turn and try to take cover
Out in the field with my brother
The words I spoke out in anger
Are gonna take some forgiving

For I am my brother's keeper
Doomed I am a wandering seeker
Through these lifeless years
The land's too dry to absorb these tears

His blood it calls to me from the ground
Sometimes I miss still having him around
No Man's Land aint no place to be
Even with this mark to protect me

Scales of Justice weighed by the ounce
Sin lies in wait always ready to pounce
Lies won't save my soul from the truth
When the morning light comes creeping

For I am my brother's keeper
Doomed I am a wandering seeker
This punishment's too much to bare
Take all my lies and leave em back there
With that bloody knife
And my brother's life

Oh, boy. Well, you asked for it, so now you gonna get it.

Warm wishes for a fast recovery, Brian! My wife had knee replacement surgery 10 weeks ago and is almost back to full speed. The minor pain of muscle soreness is so much better than the major pain of arthritis.

A wee-original based on Proverbs 6:13 Not all deceit and lies are communicated through words.
It is strange that the A-OK hand sign (good) has been changed into a three fingered 666 (bad)
You can't trust language and now even hand signals are confusing.

Last edited:
Ahoy good people.
I did Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this week. The song Do You Love Me? (Part 2) is hauntingly beautiful as it examines lies and monstrous truths.

My attempt at "Tell Me No Lies" by Dr Feelgood. I couldn't find that essential driving drum beat that Feelgood use so had to settle for an "Uptempo Shuffle, Hats closed, Variation 04 " selection from my EZ Drummer palette . Bass comes from HALionOne and was driven by Alesis V25 midi controller.........I call it Baby Pianner.......Lee Oskar A Major Harmonica, Braunschweig Soprano ....and me !!

Last edited:
CeeJay, I'm getting a "This video is unavailable" message. If it's set on Private, you'll need to change it to Public or Unlisted.

CeeJay, I'm getting a "This video is unavailable" message. If it's set on Private, you'll need to change it to Public or Unlisted.

I have to re upload ..I left about a years worth of empty track so the video was far longer than it should have been. It'll be back soon in about 29 mins

Top Bottom