Ok show me your ukulele collection,,, I wanna see 😁😁😁

Here are the symptoms of my UAS.... these are my keepers. I've got a couple Islanders not pictured for sale in the UU marketplace.... and I've got a guitalele and baritone order pending shipping.

In order:
Top Row
1) Oscar Schmidt OU280SWK, Solid Koa Concert, my 1st uke

Second row:
2) Islander AT-CUT-EQ Solid Acacia Tenor, my newest aquisition
3) Kala 1KOA-TG Elite, Solid Koa Tenor, my 2nd uke
4) Kamaka HB-2D Deluxe, (Ohta San), my 3rd uke, bought a few days after the Kala
5)Kanile'a Premium Super Soprano KCS-SSP, 4th, bought after the Kamaka

Third row:
6) Horrid little Flight TS50 Travel Uke. It's pure junk I wouldn't inflict on anyone, so will probably just hang it on the wall to be decorative.

Ukes.jpg

Omigosh, I want that case. Do you humidify the inside??

I keep a good hygrometer in there and humidity as needed. Tho old Oak controls the humidity quite well without much additional effort. The glass was replaced with UV filtering cabinet acrylic. The case is a nice, quarter sawn Oak bookcase, probably from the beginning of the 20th century.

Ok Stan you asked with honorable intentions in mind:shaka: Mother always told me to share

First and second pics all baritones left to right
*Kamaka 100th Anniversary koa, *LfdM bearclaw spruce/bocote, * Mya Moe bearclaw spruce/cocobolo, *Gianinni mahogany

Third and fourth pics all tenors
*Koolau CS spruce/myrtle, *I'iwi redwood/walnut, *LfdM 19" sinker redwood/myrtle, *LfdM spruce/amazon rosewood, *Webber spruce/cocobolo

20181112_082930.jpg20181112_082509.jpg20181119_080659.jpg20181119_080501.jpg

Ok Stan you asked with honorable intentions in mind:shaka: Mother always told me to share

First and second pics all baritones left to right
*Kamaka 100th Anniversary koa, *LfdM bearclaw spruce/bocote, * Mya Moe bearclaw spruce/cocobolo, *Gianinni mahogany

Third and fourth pics all tenors
*Koolau CS spruce/myrtle, *I'iwi redwood/walnut, *LfdM 19" sinker redwood/myrtle, *LfdM spruce/amazon rosewood, *Webber spruce/cocobolo

View attachment 113621View attachment 113620View attachment 113619View attachment 113618

An extremely respectable collection Dave.

More DUD ukes

First and second picture
*Loprinzi super soprano mahogany, *Romero Creation baritone guilele spruce/mahogany, *Kimo tenor curly koa/flamed maple, *Kimo super concert sinker redwood/walnut, *Kala super soprano spruce/laminate mahogany

Second and third picture
*Korala concert plastic, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano HPL, Enya X1 concert HPL, Fred Shields super soprano pineapple walnut, Bear Bear ULO, Side Kick banjouke

20181112_080438.jpg20181112_080616.jpg20181112_084102.jpg20181112_084418.jpg

Last edited:
Dave how does the redwood sound as a tonewood? I've never heard it. I would think closer to cedar than spruce.

Dave how does the redwood sound as a tonewood? I've never heard it. I would think closer to cedar than spruce.

I LOVE redwood. People have described it as a sonic combination between spruce and cedar. It borders on the warm side as cedar does but has more brightness and sustains more like spruce. That I'iwi has tons of sustain and projection but it still very clear and articulate.

Last edited:
I LOVE redwood. People have described it as a sonic combination between spruce and cedar. It borders on the warm side as cedar does but has more brightness and sustain like spruce. That I'iwi has tons of sustain and projection but it still very clear and articulate.

Sounds lovely. If I become a better player and hit the lottery I may be able to afford one.

I must be an ukehebitionist, I feel like showing mine of too.
DSC_0344.jpg

From left to right:
Ohana Solid Mahogany long neck soprano
Cort solid tasmanian blackwood concert
Koa Fluke
Anuenue solid african Mahogany tenor
In front: Hora Spruce tenor.
The model numbers are in my signature.

Still not sure I have found the one uke to rule them all.
Played a few notes on each after taking the picture. I dont play my fluke as often as I should, it sounds amazing. But it is not that comfortable to hold.

Last edited:
I must be an ukehebitionist, I feel like showing mine of too.
View attachment 113653

From left to right:
Ohana Solid Mahogany long neck soprano
Cort solid tasmanian blackwood concert
Koa Fluke
Anuenue solid african Mahogany tenor
In front: Hora Spruce tenor.
The model numbers are in my signature.

Still not sure I have found the one uke to rule them all.
Played a few notes on each after taking the picture. I dont play my fluke as often as I should, it sounds amazing. But it is not that comfortable to hold.

Yup nice ukulele family you got there happy strumming

Top Bottom