Recommendations for duets/trios needed!

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
A few of us plant to get together and jam.
We do not know yet where the ball will land in terms of what we will do.
As a starting point I really like this

Any other recommendations?

The music in the following recommendation will sound nothing like Erik Satie, but you might want to consider "Evelyn's Big Book for Mandolins" (2015 edition). Despite the title, this book works well for ukuleles, and includes over 140 reels, jigs, hornpipes, schottisches, waltzes, dances, and airs. Each song includes the melody, plus descant and harmony parts, as well as chords. The arrangements (which are very well-done) are by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni. I recently joined an ukulele fingerpicking ensemble that uses this book regularly and I'm really enjoying the repertoire.

Jan

Will give it a shot. Thank you!
The music in the following recommendation will sound nothing like Erik Satie, but you might want to consider "Evelyn's Big Book for Mandolins" (2015 edition). Despite the title, this book works well for ukuleles, and includes over 140 reels, jigs, hornpipes, schottisches, waltzes, dances, and airs. Each song includes the melody, plus descant and harmony parts, as well as chords. The arrangements (which are very well-done) are by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni. I recently joined an ukulele fingerpicking ensemble that uses this book regularly and I'm really enjoying the repertoire.

Jan

Any reason to get the 2015 edition instead of the 2017 edition??

Any reason to get the 2015 edition instead of the 2017 edition??

The 2017 edition is not an update of the 2015 book; it contains a completely different collection of songs. I don't own a copy of the 2017 book yet, so I'm unable to recommend it one way or the other. But, having said that, pretty much everything I've seen of Evelyn's musical arrangements to date has been good (I have a fair bit of her harp music as well), so I would expect the more recent 2017 book likely contains lots of good tunes as well.

Top Bottom