FS: Kamaka HB-2D "Ohta-San" Concert Bell Koa (As New)

pogeybait

Reaction score
For Sale

Kamaka HB-2D “Ohta-San” Concert Bell Koa (Serial Number 140700).

The instrument is in excellent condition and I cannot find any blemishes, scratches, etc. It has seen very little use. It currently wears a low G string setup. Features Gotoh planetary tuners.

Sale includes original Kamaka case, extra Kamaka string set, and warranty card. The case does have some cosmetic wear on the exterior.

Price: $1800 plus shipping/insurance. Please PM me with any questions or to arrange purchase. Not looking for trades. PayPal, cashier check are great. Personal checks are fine but will need to clear before shipment. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_4004.jpg
    IMG_4004.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3996.jpg
    IMG_3996.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_3997.jpg
    IMG_3997.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3995.jpg
    IMG_3995.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Wow, stunning!

That koa looks super curly! I enjoy my Ohta-San, not as curly as yours! Good luck with the sale!

Thank you for the kind comments. I believe serial number indicates this is a 2014 make, which is about when I purchased it from HMS.

I have a lot more photos here, including the original HMS photos.

https://ibb.co/album/jqkjOv

Gorgeous, that's my holy grail, but out of my price range...

Ohta Sans are incredible! I bought a gently used 2005 a few months ago, and I abosultely adore it. It had been strung with reentrant Aquila nylguts, although I am often tempted to switch it back to Kamaka strings with a low G tuning, or maybe the Aquila Lava w/low G to see how it sounds.

Top Bottom