HMS Grand Opening

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Maybe some of you who live in, or who will be on, Ohau can attend this Grand Opening of a second HMS location on November 18 and post some pictures.

From an email -

"...I wanted to let you know that we're now open at our second location on the island of Oahu. Along with our store on the North Shore in Haleiwa, we are now also in Kaka'ako, downtown Honolulu, at a really cool open air food/shopping center you can see here - https://saltatkakaako.com/ - Now open 7 days a week so come check us out! (Free Concert NOV 18)"

Great to hear that they're opening one in town in Kaka'ako. I'll definitely try to stop by when I'm home for Christmas.

Congrats to Andrew and the team on the expansion.

We are going to Oahu in two days and HMS visit is on the list. Will there be any special event surrounding the opening?

Yes, Sunday November 18 from 1 to 6 PM. Live music.

28hl46Bl.png

Oh wow. It looks like it's near the pier for all the big cruise ships... time to do another cruise to Hawaii :))

Congrats! Andrew and the HMS Ohana!

Sorry to miss the event on the 18th, but hope to visit this Summer, Lord Willing :)

I've been watching HMS videos of Corey playing really nice ukes, really nicely! :)

Corey has got to be a keeper!
A great guy and terrific ukulele player!

Thanks, guys for all you do for all of us!

Mahalo and Aloha!

Is it just a couple of blocks east of Kamaka Factory? Looks like an easy walk from cruise terminal. Lots easier than getting to North Shore though I love their store there.

Is it just a couple of blocks east of Kamaka Factory? Looks like an easy walk from cruise terminal.

Yes, it is pretty close to Kamaka and, yes, you can see a cruise ship about halfway through the video.

Maybe some of you who live in, or who will be on, Ohau can attend this Grand Opening of a second HMS location on November 18 and post some pictures...

Because you asked so nicely...

Thanks geetee(Greg) you getting good with your I-Phone...I missed that song by Paula Fuga...thanks for posting

Led thanks Chuck Moore, the builder of his ukulele, who is sitting in the audience. Then dedicates this song in memory of Cyril Pahinui who had passed away the day before. R.I.P. Uncle Cyril

Andrew has posted the ukulele part of Led's set on the Hawaii Music Supply yt channel.
Go here for better audio and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvq2Coiy9ss

It would seem that the party will continue. In the description of his Paula Fuga youtube post Andrew said, "Aloha! Oh btw, we'll be doing these concerts once a month on second Sundays at our new spot at Salt Kaka'ako. (Free to the public!)."

I seem to be keeping pace with him as the Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel set is now up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N6WCtfAsJQ But it doesn't include their opening number, so here's a warts and all version of East of the Sun.

Top Bottom