What was you best ukulele score and the ukulele you will probally never sell?

This:

https://vimeo.com/216805517

Honestly, I haven't played or owned another ukulele that has come even close (although I could be tempted by Len's MB...).

I just saw this post. WOW, double Wow.

Mine would be my sapele Opio soprano. It was from the first batch that HMS got in stock. It looks amazing and sounds wonderful.

Opio outside.jpg

Like a lot of people I'm susceptible to "new uke is the best I've ever had" syndrome.

Kala Elite Spruce/Myrtle super tenor. The uke was an absolute steal of a price, not sold as new but as in good used condition by a major retailer. It did arrive with just a touch of bellying which could be part of the reason for the price, as it didn't seem to have ever been sold or played. My other Kala Elite uke has similar slight bellying too but has stabilized just fine after a couple years now.

The sound is incredible, by far the clearest and cleanest toned instrument I own. I've also tuned it down to Bb, where it sounds fantastic. The spruce top is very delicate and I've already nicked it up in a couple of spots, where koa ukes I've had for years and played identically look practically new. Still, it's definitely the best instrument I own.

Here is Corey from HMS playing the same model: https://vimeo.com/281048004

Last edited:
Like a lot of people I'm susceptible to "new uke is the best I've ever had" syndrome.

Kala Elite Spruce/Myrtle super tenor. The uke was an absolute steal of a price, not sold as new but as in good used condition by a major retailer. It did arrive with just a touch of bellying which could be. My other Kala Elite uke has similar slight bellying too but has stabilized just fine after a couple years now.

The sound is incredible, by far the clearest and cleanest toned instrument I own. I've also tuned it down to Bb, where it sounds fantastic. The spruce top is very delicate and I've already nicked it up in a couple of spots, where koa ukes I've had for years and played identically look practically new. Still, it's definitely the best instrument I own.

Here is Corey from HMS playing the same model: https://vimeo.com/281048004

Is it just me, or does the string spacing between G & C look way off on that uke?

Elite myrtle.JPG

I did a double-take too, but it's a shadow on the fretboard from the spot light.
Look at the strings over the sound hole and all is well.

Not really had any bargain buys - but I do have a couple of ukes that will definately be the last to leave my possession - one is my KoAloha Opio solid acacia long neck concert, & the other is my Ohana solid mahogany long neck concert - these two are just right for me. :)

My first Kiwaya, the second-hand KTC-1 I bought here in the marketplace last summer, is still my favorite stringed instrument.

But for "best score" it was my Cahaya concert. A solid mahogany slothead concert I found on Amazon listed at $83 brand new, shipping included. Amazon had an offering of $70 off if I also signed up for a dedicated Amazon debit card.... I did, and got the uke for $13.

It's actually a nice uke! It took a bit of setup work, but it's a great player and sounds a whole lot better than many other ukes I've played that were far more expensive.

My KoAloha Black Label Redwood and Brazilian Rosewood Tenor. Also my TyDe Tenor. The TyDe is reclaimed wood from a pier and boat house in Lake Tahoe. It’s very unique and I’ll never let it go.

My best deal would be my most recent purchase, an Ohana CK-80. I got it for a huge discount from Elderly because of a mix up with another ukuele that I had ordered from them. They were determined to find me something that I liked. Shout out to Elderly, they were great to work with and really stand behind their store. That uke was by far the best deal I've ever gotten.

I won't sell any of mine. I have a very nice concert uke which is my go to and a pretty nice soprano which I bought as a backup, a cheap Makala concert that sounds as good as the other two as far as my ear can tell and I like it. So I have no reason to sell any of them, and if I did I would just have to buy something to replace it, as they all three have a place, so there would be no gain.

In sorted order
1. Moore Bettah, both are amazing and have a strong personal story attached to each
2. vitage Martin style 3 1929, hard to find without cracks and excellent condition.. and it sounds amazing.
3. One of my Stancell baritones, loved the trip to Oregon, glad to have met Les and Kimo, amazing wood and ukes
4. Martin Centennial style 3, it is a keeper
5. Vintage Marin style 1 Koa 1927, amazing sound but I miss the higher frets.

Top Bottom