Sorry for all the issues recently

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I'm sorry for all the issues a lot of people seem to be experiencing recently with being blacklisted. We use an anti-spam plugin that is pretty strict but it seems to be a little too strict recently. This forum is 11 years old now, and I think its about time I look for alternative software. We mey actually even be able to bridge the UU+ forum with this forum so everyone in both ecosystems will be able to freely talk to each other without making two accounts.

Aloha and Mahalo Ryan, for starting UU forums and keeping maintaining the site for us the ukulele Community, for all of us to hangout and discuss our similar passion for the ukulele and express ouselves.

Thanks Rayan, good work. Take a look at the Talk Bass forum, I think it's very robust and I rarely see spam or hacks.

www.talkbass.com

I was blacklisted a few weeks ago, I knew it was a mistake, you guys sorted it in a few hours, thats a small price to pay for everything you guys have given me over the years, thank you all from the bottom of my ukulele heart Rayan

Its been a good forum.
Every time I get an "upgrade" for the operating system on my Apple laptop, I know something is going to be watered down and or changed for the worst. Software developers do not know when to stop, or they do know how to change things to make more money for themselves, take your pick. Almost every business in now a hostage to the geeks who keep "updating" software. A bulletin board business can't operate without software, and internet nuisances and criminals are making it harder to remain free and open. All changes cost money and time, so I hope the UU owners can work out the issues.

We've been using the same software since I pressed the button to turn on the Ukulele Underground forum during thanksgiving at my parents house in 2007. There are much better options that offer more features to help with the security of the forum as well as reduce spam load for the mods.

We've run the site for over 10 years now and you can ask the old timers how many times we've betrayed the trust of our members. It's never happened.

Thanks for all your hard work rayan.

Other forums that I am on have upgraded their software a couple of times in the last 7-8 years so I guess it is time. We will all get used to it eventually.

This is the best forum I've seen. Thanks rayan and all of the moderators that keep it going.

I’ll echo the other UUers. Thanks Rayan and crew for hosting the most enjoyable forum on the planet!

Hey Rayan! I participate on Bladeforums too, and a year or two ago they were still using this very same forum vbulletin . . . they were having too many issues too. They changed to XenForo and it has been much better. There obviously were some hiccups in transition, but overall it was a smooth transition overall. Maybe you can check it out

We've been using the same software since I pressed the button to turn on the Ukulele Underground forum during thanksgiving at my parents house in 2007. There are much better options that offer more features to help with the security of the forum as well as reduce spam load for the mods.

We've run the site for over 10 years now and you can ask the old timers how many times we've betrayed the trust of our members. It's never happened.

Your efforts to improve the site are worth some inconveniences. It's an endless job. But fortunately, not thankless, because we really do appreciate your efforts.

Big thanks to you and the other moderators.

I too thank you for the forum. Lately when I go to the forum I get the sign in page that does not accept my password. If I go to “what’s new” I am signed in.

Top Bottom