Darlin Cory - Traditional ballad

Wingnutz

Reaction score
I guess with this one I just "outed" myself as a former banjo player :)
This is a traditional tune in a tonality usually called modal - it sits between major and minor keys and has a haunting yet beautiful quality that I hope I managed to express here.

Oh yeah, absolutely smokin' hot Laurence, wow, that works so well on the uke! Great playing my friend. Thanks for posting :D
Thanks Campbell! I won't be doing Foggy Mnt Breakdown but I think this tune suited the uke quite nicely.

Laurence :
Your uke has got to be a magic uke. You can make it sound like anything you want.
What an amazing performance!
My hands hurt from clapping!
Thanks Brenda! I think I keep trying to change things up because I get bored easily! :)

Great playing, Laurence! Do you have a banjo uke?
No banjo uke John, I really prefer the warm tones of wood - appreciate your comment!

That, sir, is music I can listen to all evening!

Thank you :music:

I guess with this one I just "outed" myself as a former banjo player :)
This is a traditional tune in a tonality usually called modal - it sits between major and minor keys and has a haunting yet beautiful quality that I hope I managed to express here.

Wow, what an amazing fingerstyle ! I find it very cool to play ukulele with a fingerstyle. Can't wait to watch more of your ukulele videos with fingerstyle play ! :iwant::cool:

That, sir, is music I can listen to all evening!

Thank you :music:

Laurence, this is beautiful music you are making here.

Joseph

Wow, what an amazing fingerstyle ! I find it very cool to play ukulele with a fingerstyle. Can't wait to watch more of your ukulele videos with fingerstyle play ! :iwant::cool:

Kypfer, Joseph, Steve - really appreciate the nice comments, thanks!

Beautiful! Nice tone and touch. Arrangement!

I caught this on a Ukulele facebook post and really enjoyed it. One of the reasons this stands out to me is that not a lot of players are playing in this style and the way that Laurence is playing!
Very ukulele unique and musical. Also I feel that Laurence is really at one with this style...........you have made it your own!
Really great stuff,
Mike.

Beautiful! Nice tone and touch. Arrangement!

Wow, inspiring! I really enjoyed that.

I caught this on a Ukulele facebook post and really enjoyed it. One of the reasons this stands out to me is that not a lot of players are playing in this style and the way that Laurence is playing!
Very ukulele unique and musical. Also I feel that Laurence is really at one with this style...........you have made it your own!
Really great stuff,
Mike.

Thank you all for the very kind comments!
Mike, it's a sobering thought but I have been playing music for 50 years now (okay, I started young) :) But if I put everything I learned in a blender it might come out something like this post!

Thank you all for the very kind comments!
Mike, it's a sobering thought but I have been playing music for 50 years now (okay, I started young) :) But if I put everything I learned in a blender it might come out something like this post!

50 years??? Now this is depressing....I better pack it in. I don't have 50 years to get to where you are...:mad: Selling my ukes.....ha ha

haha you're already very good Brenda - it's not going to take 50 years! :)

Top Bottom