NUD - Kanile'a K1-T Gloss Tenor

Kyle23

Reaction score
Let me first say that this has been my #1 dream uke going back to 2013 when I first started. I used to watch Kanile'a uke videos on youtube for hours just day dreaming about one day owning one. Without getting into too much detail, I had to sell my KoAloha earlier in the year after my family lost our house and we were a bit homeless for a few months. My KoAloha had such an amazing story for me behind it and I loved it so much and it hurts that I had to let it go, but things happen.

Anyways, fast forward a bit, I got a new job that pays better than what I was making at my old one and I am thankful that I was finally able to get my own place and my dream uke to go with it. The Ukulele Site was very responsive and I emailed them a day before they got a handful of new Kanilea's since I didn't exactly love the 2 tenors they had available. I was looking for a darker wood grain than the ones they had... but I fell in love with this one -

N9NwsyY.jpg

UfluQJy.jpg

4iu2B58.jpg

ZEev4FM.jpg

I ditched the Aquilas and put some Worth Clears on it and it sounds amazing! I'll put a sound sample up later if I have time.

It's been a tough 12 months and this is the icing on the cake for me. As lame as this sounds, when I clicked the order button on HMS, I just felt a big rush of relief and happiness.

A big congratulations Kyle. I am so glad you weathered the tough times and came out on top. Well done on the new job and getting your own place. Your new Kanilea is beautiful and the fact you love the sound is more icing on the cake. Well done and may you enjoy it for a very long time to come.

Last edited:
Wow, she's a beauty! Looks like Koa racing stripes on that Kanile'a. Glad you're back on your feet too!

Congratulations! A couple of my friends have Kanile’a Tenors and really like them. I do too. They look and sound great.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words!

It's insanely light too. It is much lighter than my KPK concert. All the fuss about Kanile'as are understandable now lol

Aloha Kyle!

Thank you for sharing your touching story! I'm so very happy for you that you are back on your feet and in a better place now after facing a very challenging time in your life. You kept a positive mental attitude, weathered the storm, you kept on keepin' on, and worked hard by picking yourself up off the ground and putting one foot in front of the other, continuing to move forward and succeeded in kicking adversity in the OKOLE (butt)!!!
:nana:

Getting through tough times builds character in you. We can choose to let negativity bring us down, as well as others close to us ... or we can choose to get back up on our feet and persevere by working hard and staying positive to do what ever we need to do to come out on top. You, Sir, have my respect and admiration!!! Good on YOU!!! You definitely deserve all the good things that have come your way, including that sweet Kanile'a tenor!!! She should be a keeper for sure to remind you how you overcame adversity and came out on top with a great new job, your own place, and the uke you've been dreaming of since 2013! CONGRATS brah!!! Keep up with having a positive mental attitude, great work ethic, being humble, having humility, and treating others with respect and kindness and things will continue to get better each and everyday! I can't wait until you post your sound sample!

Take care and Aloha,

Kimo:shaka:

Congratulations Kyle! Looks beautiful and I’m sure that it will sound as good as it looks.

Aloha Kyle!

Thank you for sharing your touching story! I'm so very happy for you that you are back on your feet and in a better place now after facing a very challenging time in your life. You kept a positive mental attitude, weathered the storm, you kept on keepin' on, and worked hard by picking yourself up off the ground and putting one foot in front of the other, continuing to move forward and succeeded in kicking adversity in the OKOLE (butt)!!!
:nana:

Getting through tough times builds character in you. We can choose to let negativity bring us down, as well as others close to us ... or we can choose to get back up on our feet and persevere by working hard and staying positive to do what ever we need to do to come out on top. You, Sir, have my respect and admiration!!! Good on YOU!!! You definitely deserve all the good things that have come your way, including that sweet Kanile'a tenor!!! She should be a keeper for sure to remind you how you overcame adversity and came out on top with a great new job, your own place, and the uke you've been dreaming of since 2013! CONGRATS brah!!! Keep up with having a positive mental attitude, great work ethic, being humble, having humility, and treating others with respect and kindness and things will continue to get better each and everyday! I can't wait until you post your sound sample!

Take care and Aloha,

Kimo:shaka:

Thank you Kimo! Out of the people in my personal life who know about what happened, no one has made me feel better than reading your words, so I really appreciate it. I guess my next struggle is playing the uke as well as it deserves to be played, which I think is a bit easier than the other struggle. I look forward to it.

Congratulations Kyle! Looks beautiful and I’m sure that it will sound as good as it looks.

Thanks! I really love the sapwood down the middle. Really happy with the choice on looks alone.

Congratulations Kyle. I wrote to you privately earlier. Your Kanilea is prettier than mine and I couldn't be happier for you!!! What a beauty. Enjoying your journey.

Congratulations Kyle. I wrote to you privately earlier. Your Kanilea is prettier than mine and I couldn't be happier for you!!! What a beauty. Enjoying your journey.

I do remember. When you PMed me, I felt like we could have made a deal, but I am really happy with the uke I got! Looking forward to your new ukes in the future.

Congratulations Kyle on both your new Kanile'a and your new job.

It's fun to get your dream instrument. And even better when it lives up to your expectations.

The tenor's markings are fantastic. It looks like a flash of light, or a science fiction/fantasy depiction of a dimensional gateway opening. How apropos.

I own a Kanile'a K1-T tenor and enjoy it very much. I have Living Waters strings on it now. But Worth Browns also sound amazing.

Best of luck on your new position. Your future sounds bright with both music and opportunity in it.

Congratulations Kyle on both your new Kanile'a and your new job.

It's fun to get your dream instrument. And even better when it lives up to your expectations.

The tenor's markings are fantastic. It looks like a flash of light, or a science fiction/fantasy depiction of a dimensional gateway opening. How apropos.

I own a Kanile'a K1-T tenor and enjoy it very much. I have Living Waters strings on it now. But Worth Browns also sound amazing.

Best of luck on your new position. Your future sounds bright with both music and opportunity in it.

Thank you! I am considering Living Waters also as I am using Worth clears right now. I like them, but I kind of want to expand and see what else is out there string wise.

Congrats!
You deserve the best!
I hope it's worth the wait, enjoy the new job, the digs, and most of all the uke!

Top Bottom