NUD and slow growers.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
So it’s a milestone birthday gift to myself. I wanted something to compliment my Wunderkammer Ike handmade mahogany soprano. I’m all about the mahogany sopranos. I decided on a Kiwaya KTS-7. At first it didn’t win me over, maybe it’s because my Wunderkammer aces it in every way... but, after a week of play and sorting out suitable strings it finally won me over.

It has a voice of its own. Suited equally to fingerpicking and strumming, it has a lovely warble when strummed. Stunning build quality and the intonation is spot on! It’s a stunner to look at. I won’t do a sound demo as George can do it justice way more than I ever will. So...

Anyone had slow growers ending up keepers?

13153B55-ACB1-4597-B70E-707E8E8FDD5E.jpg
148C072B-5C74-4D41-A571-7D33B4B7FAC5.jpg
88EB4007-D9F6-42B6-8F43-38FEC29D9D49.jpg
356FB046-9BD8-40CA-A81A-C31E4FC2D1D3.jpg

Congratulations those Kiwaya sopranos are awesome and I am glad you have bonded with it. I find with brand new ukes It can take one to two weeks sometimes for them to settle and stabilize. Espiecally if they have come from across the country or the other side of the world.

I have a old beat up Gianinni baritone I bought used in that condition, but good playing shape. It took me months of string changes and trying different tunings to find out what made me happy with it. That was almost three years ago and I still have it.

Enjoy your new Kiwaya, it's a beauty

Happy birthday! A ukulele seems like the perfect gift for any birthday. :)

I sometimes have to give a ukulele time to win me over. When you're buying over the internet, sometimes you expect it to be something other than what it is. But, when I put those expectations aside and let the ukulele shine in its own light, I usually realize that it's special in its own way.

As for slow growers, I've had the opposite experience. I bought a uke, thinking I just had to have it, but later lost interest and sold it.

Congratulations. I've always heard those are lots of fun!

Top Bottom