Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD: aNueNue Moon Bird concert

My Gary Gill has a MiSi, but not my KoAloha. The pick-up could add weight, but I doubt it’s very much.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006 (Living Waters)
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018 (Blackwater)
    Blackbird Clara - 2019 (Oasis Bright)
    Cocobolo concert - 2019 (Worth Brown)

Congrats on your moon bird!

Quote Originally Posted by Camsuke View Post
    Congratulations RafterGirl, what a little beauty I think I might need one too! Give those Black Water strings a chance, I kept mine on & I really like them now
    Me too, coming to really like them! I want a misi pick up putting in mine too, but it will require a substantial drive to a trusted store!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I think I just was getting this one confused with something else as far as the weight is concerned.

Living Water strings are usually my favorite, so it will be interesting to hear what you decide regarding strings.

Enjoy!
    The clear counterpart to Anuenue black water strings are not the living water strings, but Anuenue Clear water strings.
    I once accidentially bought a set of Clear water strings due to the reputation of the living water ones...

They are still in my drawer, but now that I got an Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor which also comes with these, I guess I know where to use them.
    Their african Mahogany tenor is also glossy and not feather light either. You need to put bit of work in to get the sound out, but it is worth ot.
    Last edited by UkingViking; 11-13-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Congratulations! I've had mine for almost 2 months. I'm definitely smitten with it. Look forward to hearing more of your adventures with it.
    Last edited by etudes; 11-14-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    "Everyone I know who is into the Ukulele is 'crackers' so get yourself a few and enjoy yourselves" - George Harrison

I'm still trying to determine how many George meant when he said "few"..

Pono RTSH-C-PC Cedar/Rosewood tenor
    Blackbird Farallon
    2008 Kiwaya KTC-02 Mahogany concert
    aNueNue UC200E Moonbird
    2012 Koaloha D-VI Guitalele
    2000 Larrivée U-01 Koa soprano

In case anyone is paying attention: I WANT ONE!!!

The Moon Bird “flock” is growing. Lots of people picking up concerts & tenors. Any Moon Bird soprano owners out there? I’ve been playing the heck out of mine since it arrived yesterday. Gotta get those strings settled in before I take it to play at church on Sunday. I can’t wait to hear it through the church sound system.
    My ukulele family.....

Hi RafterGirl, Congratulations on your new uke. I love mine, sounds fabulous and SUCH a comfortable neck!

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts if you try the Living Waters. I bought my tenor Moonbird a couple of months ago and on day one the g string snapped. I happened to have a set of Living Waters lying around (usually one of my favourite strings) so I stuck them on, but after a couple of days I really wasn't liking them, they sounded kind of twangy, almost nasal.

I suppose the LWs might have settled down in time, but I put a new set of Anuenue black waters on as soon as I could and I like them a lot, they just seem to suit the instrument perfectly. I might try the clear waters at some point, just out of interest, but I probably won't be putting Living Waters on this particular uke again.
    Last edited by TheBathBird; 11-14-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBathBird View Post
    Hi RafterGirl, Congratulations on your new uke. I love mine, sounds fabulous and SUCH a comfortable neck!

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts if you try the Living Waters. I bought my tenor Moonbird a couple of months ago and on day one the g string snapped. I happened to have a set of Living Waters lying around (usually one of my favourite strings) so I stuck them on, but after a couple of days I really wasn't liking them, they sounded kind of twangy, almost nasal.

I suppose the LWs might have settled down in time, but I put a new set of Anuenue black waters on as soon as I could and I like them a lot, they just seem to suit the instrument perfectly. I might try the clear waters at some point, just out of interest, but I probably won't be putting Living Waters on this particular uke again.
    Good to know. So far, I like the Blackwaters just fine. It looks like World Of Ukes carries both the Blackwater & Clearwater, so I can get more strings from them when needed. Maybe someone in the US will start carrying them, since these ukuleles are becoming so popular.
    My ukulele family.....

Congrats!
    These seem like such lovely ukes. I sure would like to try one.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information