NUD - aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird

strat4me

Reaction score
NUD - aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird TENOR

I know Camsuke just did this but here is the perspective of one couple from the mere mortal side of the playing field.

We have owned almost 30 ukes, including KoAloha and Kanilea tenors - which we love, BTW. But this is amazing. Some initial thoughts after one day of playing many types of songs - fingerstyle primarily.

1. LOUD: Mouth fell open. Absolutely amazing. Keep being surprised at its unusual volume.

2. SLIDES: Oftentimes slide notes disappear. After playing guitar this is a major letdown. But they are strong on this like I've never seen. You hear each note as you slide 4-7 notes up. Lovely.

3. NOTES UP THE NECK: ON many songs these notes are quieter on the other ukes. They remain loud and crystal clear on this one. Again - wonderful.

4. LIGHT: Feels like a feather in comparison but so strong as well. [TURNS out this is incorrect. It was approx. 24 oz. KoAloha 23 oz. Kanilea 21 oz. I primarily play a baritone so this may explain my initial thoughts.]

5. LOOKS: Unique and very nicely done. Like art.

6. CUTAWAY: Only uke we have with one.

7. EASY TO PLAY: My wife exclaimed this when she first played it. All of her ukes are well set-up with low action. Just felt better to her.

8. TUNERS: UPTs - just best in class. A joy.

9. CASE: Never seen anything like it. Plush, professional.

10. FINISH: Marvelous.

Just a great, well thought out package. If I could only have one tenor, I think this one would stay and the K's would go. I can't believe it. I love the Ks as well. But I can't keep em all. UGH. We may end up selling it and buying another one. They also come in Koa and Cedar so...

A shout-out to Camsuke for sharing his wonderful playing on video, and passing on the TAB so mere humans can learn them.Dr. Ron Friedman 2.jpgDr. Ron Friedman 4.jpgDr. Ron Friedman 3.jpg

Last edited:
Great review. Thanks, even though you're probably giving a lot of us UAS.

How wonderful, congratulations on a very fine instrument! I absolutely love mine & I reckon my other ukes & guitars are feeling a little bit left out since the Moon Bird landed! :D I can't seem to put it down! Enjoy it! I'm sure it will bring you great happiness! :D

Last edited:
I did have both but I rehomed my uc200 (spruce) so can't do a side-by-side audio comparison at this point... Wish I'd done one now!

What I would say is that that the koa has a beautiful chime and clarity to it that the spruce didn't, really warm and wonderful. I sold the spruce, kept the koa... That in itself probably says something...

Last edited:
Does anywhere in the US sell the all koa version? AFAIK, only HMS has been selling Anuenue, and so far, only the rosewood /spruce.

I did have both but I rehomed my uc200 (spruce) so can't do a side-by-side audio comparison at this point... Wish I'd done one now!

What I would say is that that the koa has a beautiful chime and clarity to it that the spruce didn't, really warm and wonderful. I sold the spruce, kept the koa... That in inself probably says something...
Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom