edge of bridge pull-up

Captain America

Reaction score
How much concern should I have? The bottom part of the uke bridge is pulled up. What do you think?

Leave it be? shoot in some glue? full on-slaught bridge repair?

20181115_205348.jpg

20181115_205522.jpg

20181115_205402.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch, that looks bad. I´d put my quarter on that it will be coming off within three days or less (not much harm in that now).
How does it fret at the 12th and over all?
Did you notice the effect in loss of tone?
Think I´d take the tension off the strings asap if I could, to avoid causing further damage. Chances might increase tremendously for an easier reset of the bridge that way imho. Then get in touch with the local luthier.

Last edited:
I agree with Henning, leaving this may cause the top to tear. Sometimes the glue is stronger than the wood. I am not a qualified Luther, but I have replaced a few bridges. Better to repair the bridge than the top!

I have a similar problem with an older ukulele. I intend to take it in for repairs. The shop will steam off the bridge then reglue it.

In the meanwhile you should slack off the tension on your strings. I hope you have more ukuleles to play.

I'd leave it, the bridge might pop this winter, but it's easier to reglue after it comes off clean than trying to fix it as is.

Be sure your ukes are not getting too dry or suffering from rapid temp change.

Thanks Mike. I just noticed this and'll keep an eye on it.

Top Bottom